Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

Is anyone planning a meet up in Florida anytime this year?
I’m new to the group and to overlanding.
To be honest I’m just dipping my toes in right now. I’m still trying to decide if I want to modify the truck I have or get a different platform and would love to meet some people that have been doing this and could give me some insight!
God bless you all
Charlie

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

There's a group that met recently in the panhandle and gave discussed another. If you look around in the region specific threads you should be able to find them. Nothing I know of in central FLA.

Welcome to the community from Longwood!

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

There's a group that met recently in the panhandle and gave discussed another. If you look around in the region specific threads you should be able to find them. Nothing I know of in central FLA.

Welcome to the community from Longwood!
Thanks, I’m looking forward to meeting everyone

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Im definitely interested in a meetup for Florida or central Florida. We should think about putting together one in the future. I would love to personally meet all our fellow local regional members

toneout

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Deltona, FL
First Name
Will
Last Name
Maxwell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4YQZ
Interested too. Cedar Key isn't too far away. It's always about timing.

TJ Willy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

New Port Richey FL
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ewing
Member #

Service Branch
U S Army
Hey Ross , after the holidays let's do another 3 day camp n trail ride in Citrus. Maybe do a poker run in the forest. Those of you who haven't been to Citrus it's pretty diverse unlike any other WMA in FL. Except maybe Croom WMA . Being apart of an the beginning of the FL ridge, 4wd is recommended, however you can do most in 2wd , a winch an hook points highly recommend ! CB radio a plus if you want to hear whats going on , on the ride . If it's wet then the sand is packed . Alot of Sandy spots ,steep washouts an most mud an water holes can be bypassed. It's alot of trails to ride an alot of fun. Camping is on the primitive side at the Holder mine campground. Unless you require water an electric you can reserve a spot on the RV side. Also small game season will be underway from December 30 to February 26 for those that want to hunt an have hunting license an management stamp. There's nothing like a good pot of squirrel an rice at camp !

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Tentatively looking at organizing Cedar Key meetup January 17th-19th. Anyone interested?

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Sounds great! Will this be off the grid boon-docking? Need help with anything let me know.
Yes, off grid and bring water, we could run a quiet generator as well if needed.

I’ll post the rally point soon.

toneout

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Deltona, FL
First Name
Will
Last Name
Maxwell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4YQZ
I am out. I work most weekends in January. Keep us posted with how it goes!

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Rally point has been created for Cedar Key Fl. Please RSVP.

Jm113

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey guys I'm new here, I'm also in central FL and very interested to explore and join for Citrus or Cedar Key. Would be nice to meet at some trails with a group of Ppl

Reactions: jmoreno9966