FJ80 duel battery setup????

• HTML tutorial

Jet_Pack_Jesus

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bremerton, WA
Member #

hi guys i'm new to the forums. I did a quick search and did not find anything on duel battery setups for the Fj80. there are Loads out there for the newer FZJ80. Anyone done this? i could use some guidance.

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Jet_Pack_Jesus

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bremerton, WA
Member #

Hey thanks for the info. I have seen the slee one Before. The problem is I have the 91 and my battery is already on the left. The 93 when they changed the motor they moved the battery to the right side. On mine I have a fan of soom sort that blows air on the Motor when I shut the truck off some times. So I can't move the battery to the right side. It's an odd problem. I will post pics of my fix when I get it done

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

He
The black tube is where the fan blows air on the motor and some smog control stuff sits
Hey look at that! Neat never seen that configuration. I would run an isolator from your battery find a place in the back behind the interior panels that you can hid an optima or something else that you can mount any direction you want. Good source for 4 gauge wire is 4/GA jumper cables from amazon you can get 25' length for your Hot and have plenty of black to chop up for grounds.

Jet_Pack_Jesus

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bremerton, WA
Member #

That sounds a plan I will take a look. I have a full truck with kids and wife so space is tight. But I'm sure there is room. I will post an update when I know more.