First gen Tacoma bed track?

• HTML tutorial

Whitebutler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paradise CA
Member #

I'm looking for a very good and sturdy bed rack to mount all wears. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be going to an RTT and fill cans and fire tools with hi lift also will run lights all around with Maxtrax one there too. I haven't seen any other than home built. I can but don't want to weld and fab one. My work schedule leaves little time for such things. I prefer bolt on.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I am looking for the same for my '95 Tacoma. I've been searching but have not seen anything. Only home built. I need to practice my welding so this might be a good project.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I am looking for mid height but would go with cab height if I found one that looks good. It would give more room to mount things on the side and more bed space. Making one myself I can make to custom height.

Whitebutler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paradise CA
Member #

Totally true. I'm going to set my welding shop up again. Just have to find a place to do it. I'm in an apartment currently. But not for long.
Once I get set up I'll be making all kinds of toys.

Sent from my XT1609 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rubicoma

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
The rack is nice and what I'm looking for but like you said a bit pricey. Unless I find something used, I think that is the route I will go too. Don't think I could make it for much less either. Plus time and effort to get it right. This is ready to install. I have it bookmarked :-). Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Whitebutler

Whitebutler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paradise CA
Member #

I have auto mistake on my phone it looks like. I mean that is the one I will get too. What I like is you can get a kit ether bolt together or weld together. I think it's great they have both. Especially since I have no time to build my own right now. I can just grab a wrench and my cordless impact and zip it together.

Sent from my XT1609 using OB Talk mobile app

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I just got my rock sliders Wednesday (prime & paint today) and ARB front bumper yesterday. Need to get the winch before installing bumper so the rack will be after that then the RTT and everything else. Thanks again for the tip. Need more $$$$