First adventure with the FJC.

• HTML tutorial

NorCal451

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

El Dorado County
Member #

I just got out of the military and moved back to El Dorado County. My previous station (Minot, ND) really didn't offer much as far as camping and 4 wheeling is concerned. Snow wheeling was almost a daily occurrence, but that's a story for another time. Anyways, I bought and began building my FJC with the knowledge that I'd return home and go exploring. Well that event finally occurred when I attended Moon Rocks 2017 this weekend. The event was clearly meant for Rock Crawling rigs and I thoroughly enjoyed watching truck after truck attempt to drive over what I previously considered impossible obstacles.

I never gave Nevada the credit it deserves because the area and terrain were stunning. The event was tucked away in a small valley which made it seem completely cut off from the outside world. On the sides of the surrounding hills and mountains was a spiderweb network of trails that were frequently explored by motorcyclist, ATV riders and even Col Mustard (My FJC) and I. When the day was done I simply slept right inside my vehicle which was certainly "doable" but it exposed a lot of problems (no interior 5th door handle?!) and got my creativity flowing again. Looking into building an overlanding trailer. We'll see.

Anyways, I had fun last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

covello

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Monica, CA
Member #

dope rig! I was in and out of Las Vegas for the past two months working. I managed to get out a little bit, shot this cool drone video of my buddy trail riding his dirt bike with my drone.

Reactions: NorCal451 and DaveL

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
If you hunt around there's a mod some of us have done to allow opening the rear door from the inside. Unfortunately it doesn't make sleeping inside any more comfortable. I'll sleep on the ground before I try that again...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NorCal451