Contributor III

Hudson Falls, Washington County, New York, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bodie
Member #

Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen but everyone refers to me as Bodie or Bo. I'm located near the Adirondacks in New York. Last year around this time I picked up a 2021 Toyota 4 Runner Venture Special Edition. Little did I know that this vehicle was going to change the way I look at the outdoors. I graduated from grad school in May and moved in with my best friend Liz. So far we have camped a few places in the Adirondacks, places around upstate NY, and Acadia National Park. I am an admin for 518 Yotas on Facebook. It's a group that was started for Toyota Folks to go camping, do trail rides (Tread lightly), and have fun.

Currently, the 4runner sits mostly stock. Between the pandemic and saving up, I decided to save for the whole year before outfitting the truck.
I do have a Midland MXT 275 GMRS radio installed - Call sign - WRKJ700.

As for plans to outfit the 4runner - next purchase will be recovery gear, then tires/suspension, and lastly a bumper ( not sure if I want to do both front and rear or just front)

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with this community and meeting some awesome people.

Thanks
Bo
0390D5DD-AA61-4558-A869-5D31CAAEBF3C.jpg

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen but everyone refers to me as Bodie or Bo. I'm located near the Adirondacks in New York. Last year around this time I picked up a 2021 Toyota 4 Runner Venture Special Edition. Little did I know that this vehicle was going to change the way I look at the outdoors. I graduated from grad school in May and moved in with my best friend Liz. So far we have camped a few places in the Adirondacks, places around upstate NY, and Acadia National Park. I am an admin for 518 Yotas on Facebook. It's a group that was started for Toyota Folks to go camping, do trail rides (Tread lightly), and have fun.

Currently, the 4runner sits mostly stock. Between the pandemic and saving up, I decided to save for the whole year before outfitting the truck.

As for plans to outfit the 4runner - next purchase will be recovery gear, then tires/suspension, and lastly a bumper ( not sure if I want to do both front and rear or just front)

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with this community and meeting some awesome people.

Thanks
Bo
View attachment 214474
Welcome, we are glad you are here… get out there, learn, share, grow!

Reactions: Bo.4rnr

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
welcome , I am a bit south of you in NY Schoharie County ... Lot's of fun areas to explore

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Hey

I lived about 15 miles from you, back in the early 80's. That's a great area for hiking and camping. Hiked Black Mountain as a boy, went to Lake Goerge, did a lot of exploring and walked the wooded areas quite a bit back then. Fall time Balloon festival was a sight, too.

Still got family up that way. Nice 4Runner

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Bo,

Welcome from Europe.

Wow, Adirondacks That is beautiful region. Have been there during our overlanding trip through North America a couple of years ago. Enjoyed it very much.

Cheers,
Bjoern

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region Bodie! Look forward to seeing where your T4R takes you! Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions.

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Hi Bo, welcome!

I'm in the Syracuse area. We come your way from time to time. Perhaps in time we'll get a chance to cross paths. I camp year-round.

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Hello to New York overlanders.

I'm based in southeasten Pennsylvania. Next week, on June 30th, I am serving a Binghampton NY client for one day with a few free days afterwards. Can anyone share upstate NY overlanding trails, campgrounds or fun locations? Or maybe you can share an online resource which I can investigate further.

In the past, I have driven through the Finger Lakes region - I love upstate New York. Don't mind driving 200 miles for a fun destination. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4LOW_716

4LOW_716

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Grand Island, NY, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Chisum
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2WXQ
Service Branch
U.S NAVY
Hello to New York overlanders.

I'm based in southeasten Pennsylvania. Next week, on June 30th, I am serving a Binghampton NY client for one day with a few free days afterwards. Can anyone share upstate NY overlanding trails, campgrounds or fun locations? Or maybe you can share an online resource when I can investigate further.

In the past, I have driven through the Finger Lakes region and love upstate New York. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions. Thank you.
I don't know much about central NY, but southwest is Allegheny, Rock City, Ellicottville. You will find some seasonal roads there.

Reactions: SteveC-Pro4X

danielserrao4

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Cortland, Cortland County, New York, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Serrao
Member #

Hello Everyone

Thanks
Bo
View attachment 214474
Hey, Bo, nice rig! I live south of you in Cortland. I am looking forward to some dispersed camping in your neck of the woods this summer. It's a beautiful area.

Oliver_29d3c7

Rank II

Enthusiast II

First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Kanervikkoaho
My moter-in-law lived up in Schroon Lake back in the early 2000's. We loved to go up to her place for vacations because the phones stopped working in Lake George. Beautiful area up there. I'm thinking of a road trip that way in May or September, depending on work and weather.