Fender Flare Repair: How-to and Supplies!

• HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Last edited:

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Michael,
That looks real nice! I have been looking for a good option on the fender flares. I did not like the look of taking them off and having to deal with the holes that were left. With the peeling of the clear coat on my hood, I bet the hood painted flat Black, then painting the flares like you did will look great. My FZJ80 is Two tone, Green on top, Grey on lower panels. Thank's for all your tips and hard work you do! Benz.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That was a great at home repair project. I really liked seeing all of the pin striping that was down the sides of your TLC. Character and stories are way better than wax and polish.

Allen Van Wey

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nice write up. I'm preparing to do the same thing and had a question for those that have done this. From the factory, the welting was attached to the flares with double-sided tape and attached to the body with some kind of adhesive. I noticed the replacement welting (both from Toyota and aftermarket) only have the adhesive on the flare side and not on the body side. What are you using for adhesive in that space?