Favorite trails

• HTML tutorial

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I can't wait to do Mojave Rd! I lived in Buena Vista, Colorado, for a short time. I highly recommend Imogene, Engineer, & Black Bear.
Mojave is breath taking I hate the heat but love the desert lol. One day I'll make it to Colorado to do those trails.

Reactions: Kelly

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I have to say, for beauty, challenge, and a sense of accomplishment, the Rubicon has to be my #1 pick. Dusy Ershim is on my list to do, I imagine that is along those lines. Mojave is kind of epic for the sense of history that it gives you.
Colorado trails and passes are on my list, but to conquer a fear of high places is one of my big challenges that I must do.
Kokopelli trail all-around has been the most fun, for the scenery, mixed challenge and just epic adventure, I'd do that every year if I could.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I can't wait to do Mojave Rd! I lived in Buena Vista, Colorado, for a short time. I highly recommend Imogene, Engineer, & Black Bear passes.
Heck yes, Mar and I did several in Co except Black Bear and the views are amazing, and yes allot of exposure....

Reactions: O.Dfj
E

expeditionnorth

you guys out west are so dang lucky

our trails are maybe 5-10 miles over the mountain, through the woods to the other side here in VT

Reactions: O.Dfj

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

My trail of choice isn't an overland trail, per-say. Bitter Springs Backcountry Byway. I use it primarily as a proving ground for vehicles I buy. My '98 Z71 ran the whole trail, as did my '02 2500 and my Patriot. It has difficult quasi-rock crawling , long-distance "overlanding", and a fast-paced rally-style portion at the end. It's not the best overlanding trail, but I've found that it's useful for testing vehicles, and for teaching others the basics of offroading.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I love the Slick Rock Trail, it is close to me, beautiful scenery, great camp spots. I will say I enjoy a lot more during the week than on weekends, being the only one on the trail is amazing.

Reactions: BobG

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Is this an easy enough trail for a beginner in a stock 4runner with a/t tires?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app
I would say it is borderline from my best recollection. If it is dry, then I believe you would be ok as long as you took your time. If it's a sloppy, snowy mess like when we went up, then not so much since you'll have to get some running shots that might bottom you out too hard.

Anyone else care to chime in?