OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Needing a small vehicle for an every day driver (fuel economy) a few years back I bought the 1.6Lt (petrol / fuel) 5 speed manual Kia Soul.
When my kids were living with their Mum, my weekends consisted of 470kms of comutting backwards and forwards just picking up and dropping off...so, economy was critical....we were paying $1.50 per litre (5.70 a gallon) for basic unleaded....sigh
My urge to go camping and exploring...sometimes assisted by way of snatch straps didn't stop me from "having a go"...
So, the Kia got kitted out as well as I could afford to make that happen...it served me well, did not miss a beat and after it clocked 80,000 kms i took care of all servicing myself.
It has now been traded and a new chapter begins, thanks for the memories little guy !

Reactions: TerryD and PB&Me

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Sad to see it go, but I'm sure it will provide it's next owner with lots of adventure.

So what did you get? Is that a mitsubishi that's in your avatar?
Yes....Mitsubishi Challenger, 2.5 Lt Turbo Diesel...mid size SUV, dedicated low range and rear diff Locker, so quite capable, cheers mate !

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Kia Soul is sweet just bought my college son one very nice but LOOOOOOVE my wrangler. But I will say 30 mpg with th Kia compared to 14 with the Jeep rocks.

Reactions: Luis Merlo