Fall 2020 Montana, Arizona, Utah, California and Oregon. Any Suggestions?

• HTML tutorial

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

I am currently devising a trip from Montana through the west coast and back. Planning on heading to Zion first, then the grand canyon, off to the San Diego coast, up through the redwoods to Bend Oregon to visit the last Blockbuster Video (Weird but might as well!) and then back to montana. We will be taking my Silverado with an off road trailer. I know of the main national forests we would be hitting but are there any places you suggest visiting along the way? Doesnt have to be camping either. Always down to explore museums, galleries and various other places.

I appreciate the suggestions!

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I am currently devising a trip from Montana through the west coast and back. Planning on heading to Zion first, then the grand canyon, off to the San Diego coast, up through the redwoods to Bend Oregon to visit the last Blockbuster Video (Weird but might as well!) and then back to montana. We will be taking my Silverado with an off road trailer. I know of the main national forests we would be hitting but are there any places you suggest visiting along the way? Doesnt have to be camping either. Always down to explore museums, galleries and various other places.

I appreciate the suggestions!
I'm originally from Los Angeles, and have family in Bend. I love Bend! I live in North Carolina now. What route are you taking from San Diego to the Redwoods? While the coast is an amazing drive...I would highly suggest heading back inland and hitting the 395. Its my favorite highway in the US. You could hit Death Valley along the route (depending on time of year), camp in the Alabama Hills at the base of Mt Whitney (highest mountain in the lower 48), visit the towns of Independence & Bishop, stop at Toms Place for lunch, camp at Convict Lake, enter Yosemite form the Eastern entrance in Lee Vining, CA, visit Mono Lake and finally visit Bodie State Park, which has a HUGE old ghost town and entrance is only $5. Then you could head through Lake Tahoe and start to make your way west to the redwoods. I would recommend Humboldt Redwoods State Park as it includes the Avenue of the Giants road, which is amazing.