Facebook is down???? My step daughter calls me in a panic!

• HTML tutorial

Charlie Toner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cobourg, ON, Canada
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Toner
Member #

How ironic that when Facebook is down is crazy over landers are still sharing here on a far more stable platform.

Even more ironically my step daughter called me all in a panic that she can’t confirm her “date” or talk to any of her “friends”

My response: turn to your left or right and say “hi!” To the person next to you…

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
On a flip side my oldest (11yrs old) is at home upset about his grades and winding himself up. Was trying to FaceTime me and since it was failing he was getting more upset.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Probably just my ISP with the evening overload, but I couldn't access OB for about 30 minutes there. I just commented to my wife that with FB going down, "Maybe we're all finally free, again..."

Alas, FB came back and the wheel keeps turning. If it weren't for the networking aspect of FB I'd have been gone from there years ago...

Reactions: Shahn

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Never joined facebook, twitter, or any of them. Just OB and a few forums.

I do have a YouTube channel for my original music.

Guess I don't know what I missed...
Probably a good thing you aren't on there. I've heard from a few sources FB is now censoring music - live and recorded.

Poor ol' Zuck evidently lost $7B in personal wealth.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I call it fecesbook. Its killed off a more than a few good forums as our adhd attention spans grow bigger appetites for that instant gratification.
Social media is the demise of our civilization.
I was a member of 8 different groups that had private forums - historical, firearms, militaria, Land Rover and camping. Once FB got going they dropped the group/forum pages and switched over. More than 50% of the members on most of them said they were opposed to going to FB. One list owner even said something along the lines of "Oh well, our group must not be that important to you".

1335c655-ea6a-4c41-9a94-1305f1be5a72.gif

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I left Facebook for a reason and my life got better. Still have Instagram but it's a different world than FB.

Reactions: Tony-F

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I got rid of FB because its just trash, social media is killing everyone. kids these days only want to a "influencer" or a youtuber which is just stupid if you ask me. The need to learn some skills spm when thier bubble pops they wount be so lost.

Reactions: MazeVX and Correus