Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

I have a 2016 F-150 SuperCrew with 5’7” short bed. I already have a BAK Revolver X2 Bed Cover which is the best I have owned. I really want to keep it, but I am having zero luck finding a bed rack for a roof top tent that will mount outside or otherwise allow the cover to remain. I need a rack that sits 8-12” below cab so I can tuck the tent at least mostly behind the cab. Am I overlooking a rack out there that will work? I thought about maybe getting some aluminum U channel to see if I can create a raised surface to mount a standard rack to but I’m not sure about tolerances.

Cprosser99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Prosser
Member #

I have a 2016 F-150 SuperCrew with 5’7” short bed. I already have a BAK Revolver X2 Bed Cover which is the best I have owned. I really want to keep it, but I am having zero luck finding a bed rack for a roof top tent that will mount outside or otherwise allow the cover to remain. I need a rack that sits 8-12” below cab so I can tuck the tent at least mostly behind the cab. Am I overlooking a rack out there that will work? I thought about maybe getting some aluminum U channel to see if I can create a raised surface to mount a standard rack to but I’m not sure about tolerances.
I have a 2014 F150 and I am looking to build one myself. In my research I found this:
I think I'm going to go in another direction but this got the creative juices flowing.

Please take pics and share!

wbslngr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

So I’ve decided to try and design/build my own custom rack out of aluminum. I’m confident in my skills and luckily I have a friend with the necessary tools for working with aluminum. I’ll be posting details in my build thread I plan to start tomorrow.

wbslngr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

Decided to get a jump on the build thread and do it between football games... lol.

KB Voodoo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Olean, NY
We have bed racks and crossbars that will work with your truck and cover.

Bed racks here: Shop — MAX Modular Truck Bed Racks

Crossbars here: Shop KB Voodoo — KB Voodoo Fabrications