Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Beckler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9DGB
I'm in the market for a portable air compressor. Does anyone have opinions on Extreme Outback ExtremeAire compressors? I'm also considering ARB, Viair, Smittybilt, and Mean Mother, but the Extreme Outback models seem more robust (and cost a bit more). It would mainly be used to air up 33" tires on my Wrangler JLU.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm in the market for a portable air compressor. Does anyone have opinions on Extreme Outback ExtremeAire compressors? I'm also considering ARB, Viair, Smittybilt, and Mean Mother, but the Extreme Outback models seem more robust (and cost a bit more). It would mainly be used to air up 33" tires on my Wrangler JLU.
I have had two Viair with not much luck, probably due to duty cycle. I had a small ARB nothing like the duel but the one I had just didn't to the job fast enough. The Extreme Outback compressor from what I have seen on the trail is awesome, most of them have continuous duty cycle. I now have a 5.6 Smittybilt that has not let me down for almost three years. I am filling 35" tires on the jeep and trailer. There are several companies that use the same compressor as Smittybilt so who knows exactly who made them. When I need a new compressor and if I can afford it at the time the Extreme Outback will be what I get. I also teach trail tire repair so a larger compressor would be helpful.
These are my experiences and there are probably lots of members that will chime in.

Reactions: BikeManDan