ExploringNH Intro to Overlanding July 16th 2016

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

My daughter and I attended the ExploringNH Intro to Overlanding July 16th 2016
(this is also in my build thread)
It was a 2 day event that I couldn't appreciate to its fullest as you'll read below
This course is unequivocal to say the least, the course is by no means a walk in the park, they test your limits
it was held at the backwoods farm (aka off road park)
man were my eyes opened when we hit the trails & some very tight squeezes too
I thought I was in for some casual trail riding like at the VT ORW, was I wrong
the hands on expertise is phenomenal, actual real world knowledge presented in an easy to follow style from Ryan, Chris & Shannon (I hope I remembered their names correctly)
we worked with maxxtraxs, recovery minus any actual winching since there was only one other beside me that had a winch, odd the sponsor had no winch either
rigs ranged from stock to a jeep that was totally modded
I discovered today that my rig is more capable than I am, before this I would have never imagined anything like this possible from it
sadly I left because the trails are too rough for my injury, the rest are there having fun still up until about 6pm est tonight
I still have no feelings in my legs, I' learned I cant do things with my injury
I've surrendered to my limits I think LOL
my daughter snapped the pics, I was too busy sweating bullets, so please enjoy our short lived adventure
slideshow of pics there & on way home ~ http://s685.photobucket.com/user/aa1...ly 15 2016

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Sorry to hear you had to cut your trip short. Don't let it stop you from more adventures though. Looks like you handled that hill climb better than the Jeep.

E

expeditionnorth

Sorry to hear you had to cut your trip short. Don't let it stop you from more adventures though. Looks like you handled that hill climb better than the Jeep.
Thanks

& yes not to blow my own horn I was surprised to see my Yukon doing so well

with my disability it was just too much, I thought it was going to be casual trail riding I do all the time

oh well me & my daughter had a grand time while we were there & she wants her own 4x4 now

so maybe next time i can ride shotgun with her

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Cara and I have been riding with ENH 3 or 4 times a year for some time now. Great bunch of people... friendly, helpful and we have just some great times with them. There are miles of beautiful Class 6 roads up there to explore. Here is a short video I made of some of our adventures :smile: