Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Starting next week I'll be doing a lot of exploring around the Blacks Hills in SW South Dakota and bits of Eastern Wyoming. If you see my marker out on the map come say hi!

Randomly picked Castle Peak in the Black Elks area (smack in the middle of the Black Hills state park) to begin this adventure. The RV shop I use out here is wrapping up a solar install, can't wait to test it out with some dispersed camping. Will be using my new travel trailer as a basecamp for hiking, mtn biking, and off-roading with my jeep. Shoot, I need to make an update in the rigs forum too.

If anyone needs suggestions for jeep clubs, off-roading fab shops, or RV shops for modifications in Rapid City hit me up.

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

I am moving to SD in September from a town in the Sierras in California. I would love to see pictures of your trip and the trails. I am used to Overlanding in Sierras and in Nevada. I am looking forward to exploring the Rockies and specifically the Badlands.

Reactions: EricnSD

EricnSD

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

I am moving to SD in September from a town in the Sierras in California. I would love to see pictures of your trip and the trails. I am used to Overlanding in Sierras and in Nevada. I am looking forward to exploring the Rockies and specifically the Badlands.
I moved to Rapid City in January and love it so far. Small town charm but big enough to have most services. And it's so close to an insane amount of outdoor stuff to go and explore. And it's open and very unlikely to shut down, which was one of the biggest reasons I moved here. No income tax helps too ;)

Where in the Sierra's? I'm from the Central Valley. Have lived in Squaw Valley, Visalia, Woodlake, Reedley, South Lake Tahoe, and still visit family from all over central CA.

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

I moved to Rapid City in January and love it so far. Small town charm but big enough to have most services. And it's so close to an insane amount of outdoor stuff to go and explore. And it's open and very unlikely to shut down, which was one of the biggest reasons I moved here. No income tax helps too ;)

Where in the Sierra's? I'm from the Central Valley. Have lived in Squaw Valley, Visalia, Woodlake, Reedley, South Lake Tahoe, and still visit family from all over central CA.
I am originally from San Jose, moved to Arnold 20 years ago. I am moving to Chamberlain in September. Very similar reasons as you did. Between the forest closing down, the crowds, and the politics surrounding the outdoor activities I enjoy it is time to move. Not to mention the income tax reasons, that was the final straw.

I am looking forward to the move and getting settle. Starting a new adventure.

P

Reactions: EricnSD