Experience with the Goodyear UltraTerrain AT?

• HTML tutorial

jrlombard

Rank V

Advocate II

Laurel, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lombard
Member #

Howdy all, I have a relatively stock '21 Tacoma that will likely stay relatively stock. I may add some mild suspension to level things out at some point, but given how the truck is used 95-97% of the time, it doesn't make sense to do more (at this point). I'd like to upgrade the tires to something with a little more aggressive tread to improve my chances off-road, but I don't need a mud tire. My loads are not terribly heavy—I'm not anywhere near maxing out the GVWR, so I'd prefer to stay away from E-rated tires as well. I'm on the East Coast, so rock crawling isn't really a thing, so heavy sidewalls aren't really necessary.

This is a daily driver and needs to be tolerable for cross-country travel with a family of four while NOT loaded with OL gear. Any thoughts or experience with the Goodyear Ultraterrains? Noise, performance, etc. I know tires are like oil, soda pop, and religion. Many people have strong opinions, and most prefer their own. :-)

Attachments

Reactions: Todd S.

jrlombard

Rank V

Advocate II

Laurel, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lombard
Member #

I have the Goodyear Ultras on my 2001 GMC 2500HD. I have no problems with them. They are quiet and they handle great on the road. They also have some what of an aggressive look so people don’t ask you if it is a 4WD.
Thanks, Todd. I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Todd S.