Expedition Package Testing and What is it ?! | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Expedition Package Testing and What is it ?!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

Humboldt County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I have tried to add a location to the resource map, both on my home computer ( Window 10) and my cell phone (Android 11 - Samson Galaxy A71 5G) I tried my cell phone several months ago and my home computer Nov, 6th 2021. Is this feature not working or am I doing something wrong?

Never mind it showed up on my cell phone map. :grinning:
Jusst a note - the app and web add locations in a completely different way - if you have specific issssues - let me know what platformm and I will provide info/help!

Thank you for trying it!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi,

I have now also tried the recording of a track again.

First of all, this is also really very intuitive and easy to use. Very good. Adding a photo works also now. Thanks.

There are two things I noticed:

The timer counts only when the OB1 app is displayed and not when I switch to other app in between.

After finishing the recording I got again the error message "Unable to parse gpx data". Saving the track was still possible. Can someone please check this? The track in question is saved as testtrack1BE and can then be deleted again. Thanks!

Greetings, Björn
I will review this track! Thank you!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Wranglervirus

Member rep North/East Europe
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate II

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

@Wranglervirus

Not sure if this is the better app version problems but when I push the reply to you I’m writing this message third time if I accidentally push fingers on the green area on the photo attached the message that I wrote it it goes it disappears I know it would goes in some drop folders or where but I cannot find it.

Regarding track record it looks like everything is working I just test it on the highway and some gravel roads so nothing fancy but tried to make a photo it works

I think it would be nice to have an option go by the truck that is already recorded sometimes I check the roads myself and then I go with the team so at the time I would like to go by that record the truck also sometimes I want to forward the truck to my body this time I tried to download the truck and it gave me the message that the truck has been downloaded but I have no idea where it was download it on the phone so maybe it won’t even have been download it but the truck was
I got your GPX test!

Let me know how it worked out. The MOST recent version of the app (which I don't believe you have access to), will show the GPX immediately. I believe your version needs to be approved first.

Anyway - let me know how everything worked our! Thanks!

Wranglervirus

Member rep North/East Europe
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate II

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

@Wranglervirus
This is the photo granaria when I push the finger on that the message that I wrote disappears

I got your GPX test!

Let me know how it worked out. The MOST recent version of the app (which I don't believe you have access to), will show the GPX immediately. I believe your version needs to be approved first.

Anyway - let me know how everything worked our! Thanks!

Attachments

K12

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Middleton, Canyon County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Picture of the errors i am getting on android 11. OB1 versions 11.0.3.1021
Do you have plenty of space on your phone? This is actually a fairly generic message and any number of things may have gone wrong - including internet timeout, space etc. We are improving messaging. These downloads are about 75 to 150 MB

Let me know!
yes I have about 200gb of storage left on the phone.

Reactions: Michael

outside.perception

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
I've never been able to get offline maps to work. In fact, my app on my Android 12 9hone (Pixel 6 Pro now) won't login fully. It often puts me into offline mode by default. It mentions an API key error when trying to enable biometrics, and it won't download offline maps. I have 400gb or so of free space on a brand new phone with good service. I'll come back with more screenshot once I can repro them. I had these problems on my Samsung S20+ on Android 11 as well on the beta. I've Uninstaller and reinstalled a few times.

Reactions: EBasil

K12

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Middleton, Canyon County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I've never been able to get offline maps to work. In fact, my app on my Android 12 9hone (Pixel 6 Pro now) won't login fully. It often puts me into offline mode by default. It mentions an API key error when trying to enable biometrics, and it won't download offline maps. I have 400gb or so of free space on a brand new phone with good service. I'll come back with more screenshot once I can repro them. I had these problems on my Samsung S20+ on Android 11 as well on the beta. I've Uninstaller and reinstalled a few times.
Same here. Restarting phone usually kicks it out of the permanent offline mode.

Reactions: outside.perception

outside.perception

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
Same here. Restarting phone usually kicks it out of the permanent offline mode.
My additional issue is using the biometric option for sign in (fingerprint in my case). If I try to enable that option it freezes up and never continues. I have to clear the cache and skip biometrics. It doesn't solve for the offline issue, but now I see I can turn off auto offline since it seems to think I don't have internet. Seems like a nice idea, but isn't working yet.

Offline map saves still fails with same issue as before.

Reactions: K12

outside.perception

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
Offline maps are still not working for me. I get "Download Error. This could be storage space, internet connection, or other issues." I have an Android 12 device (Pixel 6 Pro) with 512GB of storage. I have a LOT of extra space. It isn't internet issues either. I've never been Screenshot_20220103-194447.pngable to get it to work. I am on version 11.1.0.1130 of the app. I'd love to try out the feature. Any ideas @Michael and team?

Reactions: cgranier

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor
Expedition

Advocate III

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Offline maps are still not working for me. I get "Download Error. This could be storage space, internet connection, or other issues." I have an Android 12 device (Pixel 6 Pro) with 512GB of storage. I have a LOT of extra space. It isn't internet issues either. I've never been View attachment 219367able to get it to work. I am on version 11.1.0.1130 of the app. I'd love to try out the feature. Any ideas @Michael and team?
Offline maps uses a lot of storage. Try downloading one square.

outside.perception

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
Offline maps are still not working for me. I get "Download Error. This could be storage space, internet connection, or other issues." I have an Android 12 device (Pixel 6 Pro) with 512GB of storage. I have a LOT of extra space. It isn't internet issues either. I've never been View attachment 219367able to get it to work. I am on version 11.1.0.1130 of the app. I'd love to try out the feature. Any ideas @Michael and team?
I don't see how to do that. I have tried zooming in so I see a very small space, but it has the same result. I don't see any controls to change how many squares. I have just over 300 GB of unused space on my phone, so I really don't think that is the issue.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
We certainly need to get to the bottom of this. To be specific map downloads are between 80 and 200 MB depending on the area. This is similar to other apps.

Can you drop a temp pin in the area you are trying to download by long pressing on the map and copying the link and pasting it here? I’ll see what I get on my phone..

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
 oh, never mind I see you included the location. I will try this on my phone

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I don't see how to do that. I have tried zooming in so I see a very small space, but it has the same result. I don't see any controls to change how many squares. I have just over 300 GB of unused space on my phone, so I really don't think that is the issue.
Ya, you have plenty of space. I did get a successful download of that area. I’ll take this info and see what we can find out.

M

Reactions: outside.perception

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Expedition
Supporter

World Traveler II

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Ya, you have plenty of space. I did get a successful download of that area. I’ll take this info and see what we can find out.

M
Hi Michael,

I am facing the same issue. When trying to download the map around my home area I get the same error message like @outside.perception That is somehow strange as I have tried it earlier and it worked perfectly.

But I vaguely remember that we had this before. I just do not remember what the problem was. I think again, maybe I find communication from then which helps.

Bjoern

outside.perception

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign

M
I've also tried random spots in central WA, Idaho, and Utah and I get the same error no matter where I try to use it at.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Expedition
Adventure

Protector III

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I say, use whatever tools work for you. That's what's important.
when adding points on the Overland Bound Map, should it be updated to take Three Word? or cross check and auto update like the GPS points?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
when adding points on the Overland Bound Map, should it be updated to take Three Word? or cross check and auto update like the GPS points?
Hi there! If the location position is changed the 3 word address should be updated automatically. Is that what you mean?

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500
Expedition

Guardian III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I've also tried random spots in central WA, Idaho, and Utah and I get the same error no matter where I try to use it at.
Copy - we have a new release coming out this week, which hopefully resolves this.