Expedition Package Testing and What is it ?! | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Expedition Package Testing and What is it ?!

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

reaver

Rank V
Expedition

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'm seeing it hasn't been updated since 6/25 on Android. Trying to join the beta program doesn't do anything on my end (though I still have it as I sideloaded the app).

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Expedition
Founder 500

Pioneer II

Humboldt County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
I'm seeing it hasn't been updated since 6/25 on Android. Trying to join the beta program doesn't do anything on my end (though I still have it as I sideloaded the app).
OK that’s not right. Should be updated as of yesterday. Should be the normal live build.

reaver

Rank V
Expedition

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
OK that’s not right. Should be updated as of yesterday. Should be the normal live build.
I cleared my Google play cache, Uninstalled the app, and re-installed via Google play, and we're all good now. It even shows I'm in the beta program in Google play.

outside.perception

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Member III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
Can you let me know what happens so I can tell my developers?
Screenshot wasn't attaching from the app here. Attaching via the browser. This shows the error I'm seeing. I have no downloaded maps and I have space on my phone.

Attachments

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Reactions: outside.perception

Conner Hunt

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Advocate II

Yuma Arizona
First Name
Conner
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Quick nitpick, if no maps are downloaded offline, and you click Offline Maps this pop up will still appear even if you’re Expedition tier. Text should maybe be changed to “No Offline Maps available” instead. Goes away after you download your first map though so not an actual problem, just something I noticed.

Attachments

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Expedition
Founder 500

Pioneer II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
It's there now. But offline downloads aren't working for me. I've tried zooming in and out. Also, on Android it would be nice to select save location so I can use my SD card.
Hey Brian,

Zooming in and out has no affect. The download button downloads a 50X50 Mile square around the center of the screen. There could be a download size limit. Can you give me GPS coordinates of the map center that hangs so I can test it locally? You can do that by long-pressing the map location and tapping the blue gps coords to copy

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Expedition
Founder 500

Pioneer II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Quick nitpick, if no maps are downloaded offline, and you click Offline Maps this pop up will still appear even if you’re Expedition tier. Text should maybe be changed to “No Offline Maps available” instead. Goes away after you download your first map though so not an actual problem, just something I noticed.
Thank you! We will get that cleaned up.

outside.perception

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Member III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
It's there now. But offline downloads aren't working for me. I've tried zooming in and out. Also, on Android it would be nice to select save location so I can use my SD card.
Hey Brian,

Zooming in and out has no affect. The download button downloads a 50X50 Mile square around the center of the screen. There could be a download size limit. Can you give me GPS coordinates of the map center that hangs so I can test it locally? You can do that by long-pressing the map location and tapping the blue gps coords to copy
Here's the location:

staying.filed.typewriter

outside.perception

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Member III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham Callsign
Another bug in the app is all of the replies quoting another comment have overlapping text. It's showing in the app only, not on any web browser (phone or pc). I've attached the screenshot.

Attachments

Ahoward2k

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Educator I

Fort worth, Texas
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
Army retired
On Android how do you download the maps for offline? I uninstalled from my tablet and downloaded the APK file and installed.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
On Android how do you download the maps for offline? I uninstalled from my tablet and downloaded the APK file and installed.
Press the download icon button, enter map name, then select the area of interest for download. In other words, just fallow the prompts.

Reactions: BCNP4runner

Ahoward2k

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Educator I

Fort worth, Texas
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
Army retired
Press the download icon button, enter map name, then select the area of interest for download. In other words, just fallow the prompts.
I'm not seeing that anywhere. On the map screen?