Expedition one mule rack.

• HTML tutorial

Glenthirteen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Member #

Took much longer to install on my F-150 than I thought it would, had to do some pretty time consuming mods on the clamping mechanism for the tower. Didn't help that what I had to work with was a bench grinder and a hacksaw...lol, but I did get it on and it is rock solid.
Everything is well made with only some minor cosmetic annoyances, namely some welding dingleberries not cleaned off the product before powdercoating.
It is a fine product and I could spend thousands of dollars more buying their great stuff.
Overall,
Ease of install 2, 5 if it bolted right in place
Quality 4.5 the cosmetic issues should have been caught and remedied, but the final rack seems super tough.
Price, 5 all day long, cheaper than both the thule and the Yakima HD bedrock. So out the door w/ me picking up was $642.
Utility 4 as for now I didn't see any side pieces on their site to add maxtrax or highlifts or rotopax, but the sema truck had them, so I bet they are coming soon. The T-slot has so many ways to customize it that I can adapt even without purpose built side panels.
I would indeed recommend this rack. I will be using it this upcoming weekend on a mini trip to I will keep everyone informed of how it does in the wild.

Attachments