Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ashtabula County is Ohio’s Covered Bridge Capital boasting more of these magnificent structures than anywhere else in the state. Home to 19 covered bridges, Ashtabula County is also the home to the longest and shortest covered bridges in America!

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Is there a map of the bridges or waypoints to show their location?
Here is a link to a description of each of the bridges. On that page is a link to a map to all of them, and the nearby wineries.

http://www.coveredbridgefestival.org/Pages/bridges.html

Last year, we drove to Geneva-0n-the-Lake and stayed two nights at The Inn. This was a gift from our daughter and new son in law for paying for their wedding. Sort of a cash-back reward. :) We wandered town (which was empty that time of year), walked some of the State Park trails and beach, went bridge hunting (photos of most on my Facebook and Instagram linked in my sig) and sampled some wine. A Wonderfull weekend getaway!!

Note that most of the roads are paved, albeit very narrow, curvy, and crowned, with a few gravel roads to get to some of the bridges. There are no "trails" or forest roads in this part of Ohio.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Plans for a camping area?
From the Rally Point description, it looks like this is a one-day outing. But there are numerous state and private campgrounds in the area for the night before or after if you are traveling some distance.

I'm sure @BackWoods will fill in the details as they develop.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Here is a link to a description of each of the bridges. On that page is a link to a map to all of them, and the nearby wineries.

http://www.coveredbridgefestival.org/Pages/bridges.html

Last year, we drove to Geneva-0n-the-Lake and stayed two nights at The Inn. This was a gift from our daughter and new son in law for paying for their wedding. Sort of a cash-back reward. :) We wandered town (which was empty that time of year), walked some of the State Park trails and beach, went bridge hunting (photos of most on my Facebook and Instagram linked in my sig) and sampled some wine. A Wonderfull weekend getaway!!

Note that most of the roads are paved, albeit very narrow, curvy, and crowned, with a few gravel roads to get to some of the bridges. There are no "trails" or forest roads in this part of Ohio.
Thanks for the info @Steve. Exactly what I was wanting. I will be heading there in July. From the photos I saw I didn't see any dirt roads and actually I am thankful. The two times I go out to Ohio I do it on my secondary overlanding Rig...a 2012 Harley Davidson. lol. It really doesn't like getting off the paved road much. But it does give me a whole different perspective and love for the outdoors that a lot of people don't ever get or appreciate. And kudos to your daughter! I don't guess I've ever heard or seen of a kind gesture such as this! Very nice!

BackWoods

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Northfield, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tritabaugh
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Plans for a camping area?
From the Rally Point description, it looks like this is a one-day outing. But there are numerous state and private campgrounds in the area for the night before or after if you are traveling some distance.

I'm sure @BackWoods will fill in the details as they develop.
thanks Steve yes the is only a day trip. There are lots of State camp grounds in the area & B&B in the area if you want to make the weekend of it. Starting location is going to be in Jefferson, where there exactly I have not determined yet any ideas or input will be welcomed. Also ideas for a wineries or Craft breweries we be welcomed.

thejac12

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

spartansburg pa
Member #

new guy from northwest Pa. Is this a covered bridges and wine tour ? i was thinking about joining with my wife and 10 year old son so i would come along but skip the wineries or at least the drinking part as i assume the wineries dont want my 10 year old in them ?

Tacoma Adventure Seeker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Auburn, IN.
First Name
John
Last Name
Bauman
Member #

New guy question... Is there a starting location? Plans for a camping area? ~Thanks
Hey there fellow new guy, I was considering this event as well and also wondering about camping for the evening. Would you be interested in finding a place and offering it to others as well. I'm looking to meet some fellow like minded adventurers.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors