European trip in the Alps

• HTML tutorial

johnzulu

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Germany
Member #

One week, three countries, 500 miles. This was the first "big" (anything longer than a weekend) trip in the new rig, 2014 taco with 3 inch ProComp lift. First time overland in a truck this size and I definitely learned a lot. These pics are just a few of the raw pics that focus on the rig and the camp. On the subject of camp, I did stay in paid campgrounds, not my favorite but because of the countries I was in I didn't want to run into any issues with wilderness camping or play the "well the sign wasn't in English so I didn't know I couldn't camp here" card. This like most of my other trips I was riding solo. Any advice, questions, comments, or feedback is always welcome.

. _IMG0087.jpg_IMG0112.jpg_IMG0087.jpg_IMG0112.jpg_IMG0143.jpg_IMG0156.jpg_IMG0087.jpg_IMG0112.jpg_IMG0143.jpg_IMG0156.jpg_IMG0166.jpg_IMG0170.jpg_IMG0171.jpg_IMG0180.jpg_IMG0274.jpg_IMG0313.jpg_IMG0322.jpg_IMG0326.jpg_IMG0352.jpg_IMG0369.jpg_IMG0379.jpg_IMG0388.jpg_IMG0432.jpg

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

The alpes are on my wishlist to, we stayed there often when I was a kid.
Nice rig, by the way.
If you are interested in met up with some other members keep your eyes open, we are planning a dedicated meet up in spring 2019 and probably some more or less spontaneous meets before. If you are interested go check out the thread in the mid europe area.

johnzulu

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Germany
Member #

Definitely will keep an eye out for any trips. I wanna plan a winter trip during the xmas timeframe (heading south of course) to test out how I handle winter overlanding. I'm in Bavaria so if you know anyone that wants to do some weekend trips I'm always down for meeting up with members, haven't found any in Europe so far. Very new to the European overlanding crowd.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I would call myself new to but we have amazing guys like @Robert OB 33/48 who is always planning something. I hope for myself to get more and more into it with my rig build going forward giving me the opportunity to go farther than before and I still learn a lot while wrenching

Reactions: johnzulu