Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi we will be touring Europe in 2017 from around May for 12 months. In April we will be in Turkey.

Anyone out there interested in meeting up at some point. If so let me know your locations and we can add them into our plans.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

What's your rough schedule we will be heading to South of France end of May but then continuing across to Italy & then not decided on actual route or timeframe but likely Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Germany, France and then back to UK. Looking to be back in the UK by end of Sept.

Dr. Format

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi after Turkey we will head into Greece around beginning of May. We will be around Greece, Croatia, Italy etc for the next few months so May June and possibly July.
Dave,

this is my 1st post in this forum and I am glad to see you are coming to Greece this year! If I can be of any help for your route preparation and/or maybe meet someplace, I would be happy.

Check some of my trips in www.4x4ekdromes.gr and be inspired.

Best regards

John

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Dave,

this is my 1st post in this forum and I am glad to see you are coming to Greece this year! If I can be of any help for your route preparation and/or maybe meet someplace, I would be happy.

Check some of my trips in www.4x4ekdromes.gr and be inspired.

Best regards

John
Thank you John that is very good of you. Our intention is to meet up with as many overlanders and members as we can so we will look forward to meeting up if only for a coffee.

Thanks

Telemarkfriend

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

53.660927, 10.291665
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Hi Dave, I am located in Hamburg with my LR Disco3. Feel free to contact me when ever your tracks will lead you to Germany! I am not sure yet about my travel plans for this year... but I guess something in the Alps or further south might possible. So let us know your further schedule and we could meet somewhere... ;)

PS: Just followed you on instagram @Telemarkfriend

Cheers from the north
Christian

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi Dave, I am located in Hamburg with my LR Disco3. Feel free to contact me when ever your tracks will lead you to Germany! I am not sure yet about my travel plans for this year... but I guess something in the Alps or further south might possible. So let us know your further schedule and we could meet somewhere... ;)

PS: Just followed you on instagram @Telemarkfriend

Cheers from the north
Christian

You are a gent and we will look forward to a chance to meet up, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Dave,

Iam located in the Netherlands. Funny that someone from Cyprus thinks that Turkey is Europe. Which is only partly true as only a part of Istanbul lies in Europe. The rest is Asia. ( nerd mode now.)
And Turkey is untill now, definetly not a part of the EU. (again Nerd Mode)

But, Going up North and coming to the Netherlands and I can show you around here in a way you wont believe about the Netherlands.

Greetings from Robert

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello Dave,

Iam located in the Netherlands. Funny that someone from Cyprus thinks that Turkey is Europe. Which is only partly true as only a part of Istanbul lies in Europe. The rest is Asia. ( nerd mode now.)
And Turkey is untill now, definetly not a part of the EU. (again Nerd Mode)

But, Going up North and coming to the Netherlands and I can show you around here in a way you wont believe about the Netherlands.

Greetings from Robert
You are right of course regarding Turkey Robert and yes for me it is Asia but because of its geographical location it seems to get confused on many forums and websites. I mean even the European Union was thinking of letting them join and if they do join technically the European Union is no longer a true name / description.
For sure we will be in the Netherlands so thank you for your invitation and I hope we can meet up [emoji16]

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Are you still in central Turkey or have you left for Greece? If you do go into Bulgaria check out Nesebar on the coast of the Black Sea, just north of Burgas. Very nice little town in the off season, but probably over crowded with tourist in the summer months. It is one of the best resorts on the Black Sea. From there you can take the A1 to Sofia and then in to Serbia. I spent a little time there and in the future I would like to travel there again.
In Sofia near the US Embassy, they have an American restaurant - Kentucky Fried Chicken. Here in the US we don't think about it very much except as a fast food place on the weekends. But, when you are thousands of miles away from home - it is heaven.