Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Southern Cairngorms Trip.JPG
Base Route Map

We are heading off next weekend for 3 nights around the Southern Cairngorms in Scotland camping in some iconic locations.
We will meet up at Glen Doll a glen in the Southern Cairngorms on Thursday night.

Glen_Doll.jpg

Glen Doll in Winter

From there we will head over the Cairngorm mountains passing Glenshee Ski Centre into Royal Deeside and the southern gateway to the Cairngorms at Braemar often the coldest place in Scotland before heading to spend the night at the Linn Of Dee.

Linn O'Dee 04.01.13 039.JPG

Linn of Dee an iconic location favoured by Queen Victoria.

From Linn of Dee we will head east visiting the Queens private estate of Balmoral and Loch Muick in the shadow Lochnagar before spending the Saturday night at Muir Of Dinnet Nature Reserve.

main_22_Balmoral.jpg

Balmoral Castle

Loch_Muick_-_geograph.org.uk_-_566507.jpg

Loch Muick

Muir-of-Dinnet-8960-Edit.jpg

Burn o' Vat - Muir Of Dinnet Nature Reserve.

The final day we will head east to Aberdeen and home.

A number of members are looking to join us for some if not all of the tour so we'll enjoy a few beers round the fire and no doubt share stories of daring do on our previous trips.

Cheers from us and all the West Europe Region Members

255978913_2820951558196873_4637355985483692111_n.jpg

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
A great 4 days exploring and 3 nights camping in the wild glens with a group of West Europe Members.
Taking the grandson along he loved the evenings round the campfire and as well as great views he got to see a bit of Scotland history visiting Csastles, The Captain Robert Falcon Scott Memorial and Airlie Monument.

its always great to get around a campfire with friends and enjoy an evening of chat and cold beer

IMG_5694.JPEGIMG_5694.JPEGIMG_5693.JPEGIMG_5714.JPEGIMG_5716.JPEGIMG_5782.JPEGIMG_5761.JPEGIMG_5763.JPEGIMG_5792.JPEG260087084_3121872624802348_7624915015860168400_n.jpgIMG_5800.JPEG

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Looks like an awesome trip and a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Nice OB stubby holder! Where do you get them?

Bjoern

MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
My Scotland knowledge is limited to Edinburgh (which btw is one of the most beautiful city i've ever seen) i definitely need to expand it!

ps: where did you find the "europe west" can sleeve?

Last edited:
Reactions: Polaris Overland