Escalante UT trip

• HTML tutorial

Nicholas Levitt

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oceanside, CA, USA
Member #

I am going to be staying in the town of Escalante to camp and explore with the family at the end of this month. I will be spending a day on hole in the rock road, a day in Bryce, a day in capitol reef plus two extra days. I am planning on doing south draw rd and some extensions in capitol reef. Planning on taking hole in the rock to Egypt rd. Planning on doing the petrified forest, I think wolverine forest, near the town of Boulder.

I am wondering if anyone has some advice or tracks I should follow. All the roads i have found look rather tame, and i was hoping for some more adventurous driving away from the crowds. I would love some local advice.

Anything off rt 12 would be great.

Thank you

Cprosser99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Prosser
Member #

I am going to be staying in the town of Escalante to camp and explore with the family at the end of this month. I will be spending a day on hole in the rock road, a day in Bryce, a day in capitol reef plus two extra days. I am planning on doing south draw rd and some extensions in capitol reef. Planning on taking hole in the rock to Egypt rd. Planning on doing the petrified forest, I think wolverine forest, near the town of Boulder.

I am wondering if anyone has some advice or tracks I should follow. All the roads i have found look rather tame, and i was hoping for some more adventurous driving away from the crowds. I would love some local advice.

Anything off rt 12 would be great.

Thank you
How did your trip go? I'm taking the family to that same area in June 2020. First time there and would like to get your feedback. I plan on hitting Natural Bridges first, then up 95 to Capital Reef, down to Staircase and end up at the North Rim of the GC. Any do/don'ts, areas to avoid via tourists, etc. Thank you in advance.