Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Today I spent a few hours stripping down my 10 year old Coleman Dual Fuel stove.

It's still running and cooks food as good as the day I bought it. So I enjoyed a cup of coffee on completion.

But this isn't that I am just lucky.

It's because periodically I strip it, clean it, check it over and generally maintain it.

This is something I try to do with all my equipment and vehicle / trailer.

It's a good idea as it keeps equipment running and gives early warnings if parts will be required.

Just like daily and weekly checks in my Land Rover that are carried out religiously if on a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

I like to see others doing preventative maintenance on their gear. I think this is something that a lot of us forget to do.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I like to see others doing preventative maintenance on their gear. I think this is something that a lot of us forget to do.
I try my best to at least once every few months take all the stuff out of my rig, and also all the stuff out of my box and give it a good checkup, as well as clean out the bed/cab. I also try to do a bit of preventative maintenance on the rig itself, (clean the underbody, make sure the light bar wiring hasn't come loose, etc..).