Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
While I'm pretty familiar with the E-W TAT routes through CO, I'm not aware of a Wyoming connector. Would it be much trouble for you to share your CO route and dates?

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
While I'm pretty familiar with the E-W TAT routes through CO, I'm not aware of a Wyoming connector. Would it be much trouble for you to share your CO route and dates?
@Neal A. Tew I believe he is talking about the new “return north” preject of the TAT and the SoR connector between the two.

Attachments

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

grillotngrits

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Grillot
Member #

As of now, the only dates I have are for when I leave and return home. The trip is pretty far out, but I'll be updating it as we get closer. The more research I do, I will possibly take some portions of the trail out for interstate driving to make sure I'm able to get into the Canadian Rockies and still have enough time to get home.
FYI the dates are, depart from home (New Orleans) June 20, return July 10. I'm doing more research on how long each section seems to take, and once I've come to a roundabout conclusion, I'll inform everyone on exact dates of when we will be where.

I hope you guys could make it, or at least some of it.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
It sounds like the bulk of your time will be in or near the Rockies. Have you considered having the Rally Point in the Rocky Mountain region instead of SouthWest? You might get more interest.

Reactions: grillotngrits

grillotngrits

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Grillot
Member #

It sounds like the bulk of your time will be in or near the Rockies. Have you considered having the Rally Point in the Rocky Mountain region instead of SouthWest? You might get more interest.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to go ahead and move it.
I hope not all of my time will be spent in the Rockies. I really hope I'm able to get to Washington. From what I've been able to gather, the Rockies section has been taking people about 4-5 days to complete. I hope someone who has taken that section of the trail will see this and be able to inform me properly.

grillotngrits

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Grillot
Member #

John , we need to discuss this tomorrow evening at the meet-up.
You bet ya. I planned on announcing it to anyone who comes. I’d like for everyone to get excited about those kind of trips and keep coming out to any of the events that are put on. I’m planning the days as of right now. So it’s in a very early stages of planning. But I’ll definitely keep you up to date and fill you in on where I’m at tomorrow.

Reactions: eagle_A40

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

You bet ya. I planned on announcing it to anyone who comes. I’d like for everyone to get excited about those kind of trips and keep coming out to any of the events that are put on. I’m planning the days as of right now. So it’s in a very early stages of planning. But I’ll definitely keep you up to date and fill you in on where I’m at tomorrow.
I've heard, that the some sections of the TAT can get pretty bad at certain times of the year. Unkown.gif

lifenajeep

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

French Settlement Louisiana
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Losh
Member #

Are you guys members of a local club that is planning this trip? Are you still going? would love to see the route you are planning to CO. Planning a trip out there the middle of July to mid August and would hate to miss something along the way.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew