Engel MT45 Platinum Fridge

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Ruben Z

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Texas
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Zamora
Hey all,

I wrote a mini review on my newly acquired Engel MT45 Platinum fridge. I also described how I ran a direct wire from my Wranglers Battery to the rear. I wanted to make sure I used an adequate wire size. So I purchased the ARB wiring kit as Engels was out of stock at the time. More details can be seen here: Engel MT45-Platinum Review - My Jeep Wrangler Project

Attachments

emulous74

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Austin, TX, USA
Member #

Nice write-up. I have the 45 Combi MT45F-U1CD-P, that I picked up at Expo East 2018 and use both in my truck and my trailer. I think you did better using the ARB wiring kit, as it gives you a cleaner install, as the Engel DC posi fit you would of had to embed it into something (as opposed to the top mounting of the ARB) and their DC Hardware Cord would of meant you could only use it for the Engel. This way you have another 12v socket in the back in case you need it for something else. I would recommend their transit back, it does help insulating it, it protects it from the nicks and scratches it can get moving in and out of your vehicle. I've been very happy with mine and agree it uses very little power once cooled to temperature.

I did use Engel's DC Posi Fit hardwired to my trailer batteries, I was able to mount in on a partition in the tongue box, so I see it on both sides.

Ruben Z

Rank 0

Contributor I

South Texas
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Zamora
I agree. Especially in this Texas Summer Heat I do plan on getting the Transit Bag as well. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Corbet

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
Member #

I’ve been running the standard MT45 for over a decade. Solid work horse. Transit bag adds roughly a day of use based on my set up.

Hard to go wrong with an Engel.

Reactions: ArkansasDon

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V

Enthusiast III

São Paulo, Brazil
Member #

Just wanted to throw out an update that I purchased this Honda Power Supply by Jackery. It is awesome and will power my Engel more than a full day with room to spare. This little beast is awesome and can charge via 12v and solar along with your normal house plug. Amazon.com : Honda by Jackery HLS 290 Portable Lithium Battery Mobile Power Station, Emergency Power Pack and External Battery Charger, Gas-Free Generator Alternative, Honda Official Licensed Product by Jackery : Garden & Outdoor

View attachment 118112View attachment 118113
Ruben, are you happy with your Jakery Portable Power? Is it reliable and delivers what it promises? I'm looking for a middle-range portable power station…