Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Why don’t you tell us a little bit about the why (you chose this road to adopt) and the how (to adopt a fs road).

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

I choose this road as it is where I have gone for the last decade to harvest firewood. I’ve been picking up trash all that time so I figured I might as well make it official. It’s also very close to my home. Other than that the road is not really anything special. It climbs the mountain for about 12 miles and dead ends at a trailhead into the Weminuche Wilderness. Has a number of spur roads near the top. No hard wheeling. Just very rough and rocky.

Adoption was really easy as I was already part of a group that adopted all the trails in the Hermosa Creek area behind Purgatory Ski Area. So all I had to do was fill out another form. But honestly the process for a first timer is not much more than that. Simply visit your local NFS office and inquire. You’ll have to give them a list of volunteers that will work the road with you. Go through a training session. Commit to a minimum number of annual work days, and submit timesheets. After you’ve done it for a year they will put up a sign.