Emblem removal

• HTML tutorial

natematos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portland, OR
Member #

I've found it's easier to use the fishing line/floss behind the emblem before heat. You're essentially cutting down the middle of the foam tape. After that apply heat to get the rest of the residue off. Applying the heat first in my experience can warp the badge and doesn't actually make the tape easier to 'cut'.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Madcratebuilder nailed it. I de-badge my vehicles pretty much the same day I bring them home. I use fishing line to remove the badge, then a "gunk" removed or wd-40 to clean up the residue.

I use a hair dryer to warm then remove stickers (like the giant Rubicon hood decal) and then apply orange oil gunk remover or wd-40 to clean. Then soap and water to clean away any chemical residue.

It helps to remove badges on a warm day after the vehicle has sat it the sun.

Bingham

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nottingham, UK
First Name
daniel
Last Name
bingham
Wrap some fishing line or floss around it and saw away at it. It will fall right off, then a heat gun or petrol/other cleaner to remove what's left

Reactions: grubworm

Virginia Overlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Charles City, VA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRCJ633
Madcratebuilder nailed it. I de-badge my vehicles pretty much the same day I bring them home. I use fishing line to remove the badge, then a "gunk" removed or wd-40 to clean up the residue.

I use a hair dryer to warm then remove stickers (like the giant Rubicon hood decal) and then apply orange oil gunk remover or wd-40 to clean. Then soap and water to clean away any chemical residue.

It helps to remove badges on a warm day after the vehicle has sat it the sun.
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Reactions: 9Mike2