• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Hey folks,

I wanted to share this with the group. I have 2 of these in my rig and after watching the guys JKU burn to the ground in glad I do!!

Element got onto another forum and did an intro sale that was well received. I wanted to share that they are doing it again and are going to donate a portion to the California wildfire victims.

Moderator let me know if this isnt allowed.
Kthanksbye.

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to post this. With the great response we received from the Sportsmobile forum we wanted to share early something we will be doing this year for the now traditional Black Friday sales.

Between today and the end of the month we have created a special coupon code to use on our website. This code will give you 15% off your purchase (with free shipping on orders over $99) and in addition we will donate $5 for every fire extinguisher sold to the California Fire Foundation.

The code is: *HelpCA2018* and can be redeemed by entering it at checkout at www.elementfire.com

Lastly we encourage you to share this with friends and family and on social media. As an added incentive for every follow or Facebook or Instagram page receives or for any re-post of the attached image using the hashtag *#officialelementfire* we will make an additional cash donation.

The wild fires taking place in California are just terrible and we want to do our part to help.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
I recently learned that the guy who lost his Jeep to fire may have been prevented by the installation of circuit breakers. Without them, and the cause of a fire is electrical (which I’ve been told were the characteristics of his fire), a fire extinguisher doesn’t help. If there is a short in the electrical system somewhere, the fire will not stop and your rig will burn to the ground as his did. It becomes a welding cable and no fire extinguisher will stop it. If he at first had disconnected the battery, then hit it with the extinguisher, the problem would likely have been solved. With all of the electrical gadgets we’re installing in our rigs today, it creates a great deal of potential risk for fire. I just had my rig completely rewired after seeing that video. I took it to a professional and discovered I had overloaded my secondary battery and that the cable used was insufficient to carry the loads rendering them a total hazard...plus, I had no breakers. I’m so happy I spent the money for peace of mind. My point here is to inspect your electrical system, install breakers if you don’t have them, make sure cables are appropriate for the loads....and buy one of these really cool extinguishers! If you have a truck fire; disconnect the battery(ies) if you can, then hit it with your new Element fire extinguisher! I’m going to buy a couple for my rig!

Last edited:

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
[EDIT ----- I apparently looked at the wrong column in a comparison table - the device is in fact rated ABCK - So just ignore this post ]
It's nice for what it is - a Class A extinguisher - Wood, Paper, Trash. It is not B Rated: Liquid (oil, gas, kerosene, paints, etc) Or C rated: Electrical. I find it interesting that they're marketing it (based on all the different automobile holders - as a tool for Vehicles - where virtually all fires are B&C.

That said - it may still work - given the mechanism (oxygen removal). I'd definitely agree with @Outlander - install a battery disconnect - you might extinguish the flames only to have them reignite.

Last edited:

FlyingFischer5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
Member #

I use the First Alert Tundra Extinguisher in a can. Extremely cheap, compact, and are rated for electrical, grease fires and are safe for automotive wiring. Usually about $10 a can which last for roughly 30 seconds.

These look like they work very well too and a good alternative.

Thanks for the post

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but this is what they are showing for both the E50 and E100:

Fights all major fire classes: A,B,C, & K (cooking oils and grease) fires

I got my information by looking at the WRONG column in a comparison chart on their site -

You are absolutely correct - it is in fact rated ABCK.

Thanks for catching that - I hate being wrong but I hate spreading incorrect information more.

Last edited:
Reactions: emulous74 and PB&Me