Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Thanks for getting this setup. Looking forward to it!

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

I'll be there. The weather looks great so I'm going to head down in the morning for some agate hunting and then ill meet up with y'all.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

Agate hunting.....where would this be occurring?
Dude West Richland where they are building homes out near the BombingRange Rd and out on Fir Rd along the columbia has some of the best agates in the world. Don't get me started or ill talk your ear off. Here are just a few.

CBA2.JPG CBA1.JPG

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

I would totally join you if thats cool with you?
I haven't exactly formulated a plan yet other than checking out the area near Savage Island (46.54138, -119.28272) in the Columbia which could be a bust.

This spot (46.448687, -119.255238) has some crazy cliffs and tons of rocks but also kinda picked over.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I haven't exactly formulated a plan yet other than checking out the area near Savage Island (46.54138, -119.28272) in the Columbia which could be a bust.

This spot (46.448687, -119.255238) has some crazy cliffs and tons of rocks but also kinda picked over.
I don't know much about rock hunting but I was going to suggest to you the Savage Island area aka Ringold. The area is really similar to what you'll find off of fir rd. Old stomping ground of mine from high school many of beers drank down there and pickups stuck in the mud. But the bluffs there are about the same as the other location. Are the agates you're after something that is specific to the Columbia gorge or would they be found along the Snake river also?

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ

Well if you decide to hound I would love to join. I will bring a Wind River Agate that I found in Owl Creek near our place in Wyoming. It's over a pound!

CurrentlyRockhoundin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Goguen
Member #

Well if you decide to hound I would love to join. I will bring a Wind River Agate that I found in Owl Creek near our place in Wyoming. It's over a pound!
I think I'm just going to be poking around different spots scouting out locations which might be hard to meet up for but ill be at Porters and I would like to see your agate.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
So I was just informed that a trip that my wife and her friend have been planning has been moved up a week. Not a big deal other than that she will have my truck. I will still be at the meetup, just feeling a bit naked without the Ram. I will bring her FJ Cruiser so at least i will be in a 4wd.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

So I was just informed that a trip that my wife and her friend have been planning has been moved up a week. Not a big deal other than that she will have my truck. I will still be at the meetup, just feeling a bit naked without the Ram. I will bring her FJ Cruiser so at least i will be in a 4wd.
I was looking forward to checking out some of your fab work, maybe another time though. My Grand will miss the meetup as well but it's partially my fault for not opening the box my new radiator came in until 2 days ago, finally opened it and was greeted with a bent up radiator. Looks like I'll be representing the Rams for kennewick, not that mine is near as cool as yours...