paul
Last Name
murphy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MRO
Service Branch
US Navy

We are Bdoverlanders and we are group of passionate Off grid trailer owners. We focus on overlanding trips with off road trailers. Anyone can go with us as long as you understand that overlanding in a trailer is a little different than just being in a Jeep. Aug.21-26 we will be exploring various areas of the Eastern Sierras. We are doing this trip during the week to try to avoid all the crowds. 10 rig maximum and you must be part of our group. You can sign up at www.bdoverlanders.com

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
I RSVP’d and signed up at bdoverlanders. As we are coming from AZ we may meet the group in Mammoth Lakes.

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

Looking forward to this trip. Have just returned from Monache Meadows. The trail is open. The hardest part is 1.3 to 1.7 miles in. Steep, rutted, rocky descent, that I made in a stock Rubicon and didn't bottom out once. Most of the Road is narrow, winding, dusty with some off camber. There were a couple of areas which required spotting, especially with a trailer. Numerous group areas to camp, which should be available on a Sunday. The only downside is that Sunday is a heavy traffic exit day, and this will complicate the entry descent to Monache Meadows. I plan to meet the group at the top of the Monache Jeep 4x4 Road as I won't attempt the descent alone. My recommendation is the first campsite on the right (36.19964, -118.17594). We camped at Monache Creek (36.22800, -118.16037), which was nice, secluded, and empty, but there are some obstacles in the last quarter of a mile which require spotting that will likely add at least one hour for a group each way from the South Fork of the Kern water crossing. The water crossing is nothing as the river is nearly dry.

Last edited:

pmurphy16

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Redlands, CA, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
murphy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MRO
Service Branch
US Navy
i have appreciated your input and doing the scouting. It is invaluable Stephen what you have done and look forward to meeting you and the others.

Reactions: shansonpac