Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Hello NorthWest Region friends! I recently made a Rally Point for our July 4th weekend overland event. We are going to be driving our rigs in the 4th of July parade before hitting the trails! Make sure to read description, Rally Point Notes, and the location notes. If you have any questions at all please let me know. Free and family-friendy. July 4th Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch

-July 3rd: Arrive at the ranch anytime, group campout and potluck at the ranch. Bring/get a dish or dessert to share.
-July 4th: Parade in the morning. Then hit the trails for the day. Camp out on the trail.
-July 5th: Hit the trails all day. Camp out on the trail.
-July 6th: Break camp and depart at your leisure.

Location: 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Worth the drive!!

Last edited:

MeliMK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orwigsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Melinda
Last Name
Killian
Member #

We are pretty interested in this trip, sounds like fun! We'll keep an eye on our schedule and try to fit it in. Would be fun to bring both our rigs! And who doesn't love a parade?

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Very cool, I love our central Oregon history. Headed over from Prineville. Looking forward to it. Just curious if the trails are pretty aggressive and I should leave the adventure trailer home?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Scouted the first leg of our journey last weekend! It was amazing. Stopped and hiked around this meadow to stretch our legs and found an old homestead. One of our favorite things to stumble across. Also this ENORMOUS (Ponderosa Pine?) tree was there. At least 120 feet tall.View attachment 130670View attachment 130671View attachment 130672View attachment 130673
Wow, gorgeous, I was out for a drive yesterday and commenting how beautiful the scenery is with the light skiff of snow on the ground.

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Very cool, I love our central Oregon history. Headed over from Prineville. Looking forward to it. Just curious if the trails are pretty aggressive and I should leave the adventure trailer home?
The trails will not be too aggressive. It is more about exploring and enjoying the wilderness together than testing our rigs. If I had an offroad trailer, I would fine bringing it.

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Things are still looking great for this event. IMG_20200117_221212_017.jpgWe have some great spots in mind that we look forward to sharing. An abandoned airfield up on top of a plateau, several old homesteads, and several fire lookouts are on the list. We also plan on having lots of down time every evening and morning at camp to properly enjoy where we set up.

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

We are looking forward to the outing. I have some friends from Bend interested in coming but they are worried about bringing their Ford Super Duty because it's a diesel and they didn't want to "stink" up the group. I told them that I would confirm that it wouldn't be an issue.

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

We are looking forward to the outing. I have some friends from Bend interested in coming but they are worried about bringing their Ford Super Duty because it's a diesel and they didn't want to "stink" up the group. I told them that I would confirm that it wouldn't be an issue.
No worries on that one my friend. They are welcome. We don't rig-discriminate! As long as it's got good clearance, good offroad tires, 4X4, and a full size spare tire that's all that's necessary for this trip.

Reactions: 472HemiGTX