US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

ProtonDecay

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Miss this group already! Maybe I’ll be in town for one of the meet ups.

Saw some talks of awnings and I just picked this contraption up. Think it’s going to work great for me as I do most cooking etc on the tail gate. Rotates around, No modification required either! It’s 15’ x 9’ so plenty of shade. On par with some of the fancier awnings as far as pricing.
View attachment 208004
OK, I'll bite - what is that really cool looking awning and where can it be obtained?

NorCalRam

Rank V
Benefactor
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6MEU
OK, I'll bite - what is that really cool looking awning and where can it be obtained?
Link is here. And its a Parasol not awning lol! It lists for $445 but with few internet searches for coupon codes for it for $350. Pricey? Yes. Possibly a inebriated IG post purchase? Also yes. Will it work for me better than an awning? Another yes. Does it come in the coveted "sand" color for overlanders" Yes
Humbra Hitch with Parasol

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Random question- does anyone have 2 OneWheels I can borrow for the Overland Expo Rally in Flagstaff? Sept 22-27th?

My wife and I are looking for a little mobility while there for our PullKitchen booth. :)
4A8A1BDD-8D2B-4D81-83F6-028C5BAE88DF.png

RAMf1

Rank III

Contributor II

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Dave,
Just to confirm... The Death Valley run has been moved from the end of October to the beginning of November... Correct? I just want to get my vacation time scheduled in!
Russ Miller

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Dave,
Just to confirm... The Death Valley run has been moved from the end of October to the beginning of November... Correct? I just want to get my vacation time scheduled in!
Russ Miller
Yes due to the Mojave Road trail clean up in late october Death Valley will be November 4-7th.

Required equipment will be HAM radio and rear amber chase lights

Roger 2486

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Good morning, have the upcoming trip sign-ups / Rally Points been posted for these upcoming events? Like others, I don't wish to miss the opportunity to sign-up and schedule vacation time accordingly in advance. Thanks for all you do to make this happen especially around your work schedule.

Reactions: PapaDave

Jane and Sergio

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Castro Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Morariu
Member #

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Good morning, have the upcoming trip sign-ups / Rally Points been posted for these upcoming events? Like others, I don't wish to miss the opportunity to sign-up and schedule vacation time accordingly in advance. Thanks for all you do to make this happen especially around your work schedule.
I post the rally points about 1 month out so they don’t fill up too early. I usually try to get most people there that want to go

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Everyone, we have a meet up this Sunday. This will be a good one as we will be discussing these photos attached to this post. Everyone is ok and the photos and stories shared this Sunday are with permission so we all can learn.

OVERLAND BOUND EAST BAY MEETUP THIS SUNDAY 9-12-21

We are meeting this Sunday 1-3pm at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, at the end of the parking lot under the giant oak.

Labor Day weekend there was a roll over accident that happened on the edge of Death Valley and we thought it would be a good event to dissect and discuss what went wrong, what went well, and further levels of prepareness and organization. What we are doing requires an appropriate depgree of respect and appreciation that things can go badly quickly and working out ahead of time what needs to be done in such an event will be helpful for anyone who off roads.

We will also be discussing Overland Expo West and those who might be going. Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ is Sept 24-26th.

Monthly Meet Up
September 12, 2021 1-3pm
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586
8AC588DC-F08B-443A-978C-EA7F85C8AF01.jpeg34DAA6F9-2C3D-4843-B63F-C3CD364198A8.jpeg2CC4DD7C-41DD-4D83-81F0-E159ACDCBC5E.jpegC0E168A6-1DA0-43D0-ABBC-FA38726C8D85.jpeg99E7B37F-DB09-4AF7-83C5-65F18A0C13BE.jpeg

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH