US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

MrRogers

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Gschwend
Member #

Hi All, Just joined and interested in the Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton, CA on July 11th. However I am a bit confused. It says to meet on Sunday at for 2 hours. Is this just an afternoon hangout and not a camping trip? Just want to know so I can bring the right stuff.

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR
Hi All, Just joined and interested in the Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton, CA on July 11th. However I am a bit confused. It says to meet on Sunday at for 2 hours. Is this just an afternoon hangout and not a camping trip? Just want to know so I can bring the right stuff.
Just an afternoon hangout.

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
July Info—There’s FOOD!!

Monthly Meet Up on July 11th, 1-3pm
For the meet up this month we are doing a BBQ cook out. Bring your kitchen gear, your best dish to share, and a plate to sample all the fixings! We have 20 rigs going on the Bodie trip so we will discuss trip details and BBQ/camp food recipes!

Bodie Ghost Town and Copper Mountain Trip— July 16-18, 2021
We will be headed up and over Highway 108 to the Bodie-Masonic Road to tour the ghost towns of Masonic, Bodie, and Aurora. We will pass by Mono Lake and head up Copper Mountain camping in the shadows of the snowy Sierras at 9800 feet.

Monthly Meet Up
July 11th, 1-3pm
Map of the lot at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Pleasanton, CA

1625492877229.jpeg

Last edited:

Darth Rver

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor I

Oakley, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Wilkes
Member #

Ham Callsign
WI1KES
Anyone have a Gazelle T3 or T4 they'd be willing to bring to the July meet up so my wife and I can take a look at it/them? Leaning towards T3 because most trips it's just me and I normally sleep on a cot in the open, but want something for bad weather.

Budman

Rank V

Member III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

Team,

I plan on bringing my Skottle for this weekend’s meet up. If anyone is interested in trying it out, cooking on it etc.
Happy to let ya give it a try.

I am cooking up a Korean BBQ stir fry for my dish.

Budman

rho

Rank V

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham Callsign
AG6YB
I got some kiddo birthday stuff going on that day, so itll be highly unlikely I'll be able to make it out. Looking forward to seeing y'all on the bodie trip though!

AzzyRnr

Rank IV

Member III

Livermore, California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Azevedo
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6HKF
Anyone have a Gazelle T3 or T4 they'd be willing to bring to the July meet up so my wife and I can take a look at it/them? Leaning towards T3 because most trips it's just me and I normally sleep on a cot in the open, but want something for bad weather.
I have a T4 packed on my rack. If everything goes to plan, I’ll be at the meat-up tomorrow.

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Thursday to Saturday I have been camping with my grown kids before they all head off their separate ways and wow what a trip!

We went to Leavitt Lake off 108, where it was a lovely 79 degrees, and on Thursday the earthquake hit! Walker Ca was the epicenter which is about 20 miles away. We got to see a rock fall as the result. Pretty crazy!FF12DFA2-8E5F-4FCC-A8E5-DA12AE8C9FF5.jpeg

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Question for those who attend our meet up- August 27-29th is our Funnel Lakes trip weekend. Funnel Lake is up above Coyote Flats near Bishop and I’m looking for someone who would be interested in leading the trip. I’m going to make the Rally Point, coordinate details, but I cannot attend the trip as I’m taking my daughter to college.

Let me know if you have been before

WilC

Rank IV

Influencer II

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Question for those who attend our meet up- August 27-29th is our Funnel Lakes trip weekend. Funnel Lake is up above Coyote Flats near Bishop and I’m looking for someone who would be interested in leading the trip. I’m going to make the Rally Point, coordinate details, but I cannot attend the trip as I’m taking my daughter to college.

I think it will take several of us to fill your shoes.

Refresh my memory. Trailers or no trailers to funnel lake?

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
I think it will take several of us to fill your shoes.

Refresh my memory. Trailers or no trailers to funnel lake?
Should be ok for Funnel Lake, Laurel Lake has the hard switchback which rules out trailers. Plus the road washed out about a week ago. Friday night could be Funnel Lake and the group could come back north and up 108 to Leavitt Lake for Saturday night. That off road trail is about 3 miles in. Rough but fine for trailers

Reactions: Ray O and WilC

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR

Is Leavitt doable in a no lift, stock tire 4Run Off Road w/ sliders?

B

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH

B
Yup. It’s rough but not too challenging

Reactions: Chief Brody

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR

B
Yup. It’s rough but not too challenging
Thanks! Scheduling some work days in the Merced area which will end with an overnight in Sonora on the company’s dime. Will be in nice position for a quick getaway.

B

Reactions: PapaDave