US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR
Hi there. A bit off topic, but this seems like the best place to ask. I have a roof rack on the way but it will not arrive before a planned fathers' day trip next weekend, which leaves me in a bit of a space situation. I still have a Yakima Road Warrior that I used with my old Subaru, but the new 4runner is lacking the factory crossbars for me to use it. Any 4Runner peeps out there have a pair lying around that they are willing to part with for the weekend? Or does anyone know where I could rent? Or have any DIY alternatives. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Reactions: PapaDave

ProtonDecay

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Hi there. A bit off topic, but this seems like the best place to ask. I have a roof rack on the way but it will not arrive before a planned fathers' day trip next weekend, which leaves me in a bit of a space situation. I still have a Yakima Road Warrior that I used with my old Subaru, but the new 4runner is lacking the factory crossbars for me to use it. Any 4Runner peeps out there have a pair lying around that they are willing to part with for the weekend? Or does anyone know where I could rent? Or have any DIY alternatives. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Not sure if any of this will work for you, but I have a Yakima rack that I used to use on my full-size truck. I has round bars that are 77" long. Maybe the bars (cut down) or the mounts would be useful. Any or all yours if you want. I am in Santa Clara, near Saratoga & 280, and will be home most of the weekend. If you don't want, please let the board know - maybe someone else will want. Caveat - I last used these about 10 years back - they were sitting in the shed until a month ago when we tore it down as part of some other work we are doing. They seem in reasonable condition, but no guarantees. :) Here are a couple of pics:

2021-06-12 Yakima Rack - Bars.jpg2021-06-12 Yakima Rack - Mounts.jpg

Chief Brody

Rank III
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6POR
Not sure if any of this will work for you, but I have a Yakima rack that I used to use on my full-size truck. I has round bars that are 77" long. Maybe the bars (cut down) or the mounts would be useful. Any or all yours if you want. I am in Santa Clara, near Saratoga & 280, and will be home most of the weekend. If you don't want, please let the board know - maybe someone else will want. Caveat - I last used these about 10 years back - they were sitting in the shed until a month ago when we tore it down as part of some other work we are doing. They seem in reasonable condition, but no guarantees. :) Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 201433View attachment 201434
Thanks! Turns out my neighbor who also owns a 4R ORP had the crossbars in his garage from before he upgraded to a Rhino. I’m all set.

B

AlexAtWagan

Rank V

Member III

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Overlandenthusiast

Rank IV

Member III

Belmont, California, USA
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Random question but PullKitchen is looking to borrow a Cook Partner stove, 16” or 18”, for just a week to prototype with. Know anyone who has one?
FAE030AC-2DCF-472B-90E4-9034F0B3D950.jpeg

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Alright folks the Bodie Ghost Town Trip July 16-18th is up, get those spots while they are hot

C0903770-6717-444E-8706-B45B5AB80B58.jpeg

Roger 2486

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Please kindly hold a spot for Karen and I...no more "I remember I didn't go, but I don't remember why." Many thanks and looking forward to the trip.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I know PapaDave has been up to cherry lake and was wondering if anyone else has. @Dseck63 and myself are planning on going next weekend for the 4th and come back tues is there any cool spots we should check out? Also if anyone wants to come along let us know.

AlexAtWagan

Rank V

Member III

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

This coming Sunday we are meeting!
June 13th, 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park

Bring your cooler or fridge as we will be discussing the pros/cons of each and swapping experiences and best practices with them.

We will also be discussing our trip the at the end of the month to Bear Lake. There’s still 4 spots left!

Hoping I’ll see you guys there!
Hey all, this is the video I was talking about where I found this method to be a really good way to prioritize your fridge/freezer use and also not overuse the battery when you are able. Of course chances are we won't be using two fridges, but the principle of keeping ice blocks in the freezer for later use (read: beer chilling) is a great idea.