US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
Wanna get away? Escape the dog days of summer August 5-7th up at Leavitt Lake. We are going to meet up there to hang out all weekend in one location at 9500’ relaxing, kayaking, biking, hiking, and depending upon wind we may even do an outdoor movie night. Oh and you don’t want to miss our group potluck dinners!!

Missed the last trip .. but want to make it to this one.
Not really true overlanding but was car camping in Yosemite and Sequoia national park last week.

PXL_20220613_161314993.jpgPXL_20220613_222508561.jpgPXL_20220617_014808081.jpg

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Does anyone know Paul's username? (the guy with the lamas that comes to the east bay meetup)

There's a fire and evacuation orders for the Pleasanton between Bernal and Foothill. Would like to see if he needs any assistance.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Does anyone know Paul's username? (the guy with the lamas that comes to the east bay meetup)

There's a fire and evacuation orders for the Pleasanton between Bernal and Foothill. Would like to see if he needs any assistance.

Is it something llama?

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Please advise if you reach him and any additional help is needed, count me in as needed.

Reactions: WilC and Advtres

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Is it something llama?
Can’t seem to do a wildcard search.

WilC

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

If anyone has an Expedition Portal account with privileges to email other members (I think you earn that right with activity) he is Llama Paul.

Reactions: PapaDave

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
Quick update re Prewitt Ridge....

I think someone else already mentioned, but confirming Nacimiento-Ferguson Road closed going east from Kirk Creek, due to damage from Dolan fire. No ETA per the folks staffing the Big Sur Ranger Station.

Access to Prewitt still possible via Los Burros Road a few miles south on 1. Road in good shape and passable by any 4x4 - numerous 12% grade sections and one 14%, surface mostly pine duff dust mixed with sandstone below 3000', hardpack sandstone above 3K.

Weather yesterday was 58 with patchy low fog at Big Sur, 85 and clear at Prewitt, down to 50's overnight. Black flies out in force. Had the place to ourselves, but saw a few campers around Miguel.

View attachment 231218
View attachment 231219
Very nice! Looks like we took over your spot that Friday. We were one of only three other vehicles there. So great that it's much tougher to get up to Prewitt Ridge now. I saw a group coming back out from Plaskett Ridge who probably hit the gate. Good for us! It was nice to do a whole lot of nothing for sure.

Attachments

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
OVERLAND BOUND EAST BAY MEETUP

Monthly Meet Up
Sunday July 10th, 2022 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (staging area)
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

This month we will be doing SHOW-N-TELL of cool gear that you have. So come prepared to show off your cool kit that makes you want to get out and adventure more. That’s why we do this. Big or small, bring it all.
98B40DF8-1239-44C5-A6B2-0F5F60803DD2.jpeg9C84548C-4E0A-4EE5-AAFD-8E078AE87FC5.jpeg

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
These are photos that @DocTaco took up at Leavitt Lake this weekend. Lovely place, I’ve opened up some additional spots for the trip.

B7115C2B-9760-465E-AFC0-219FA20B68F4.jpegFBE6781E-343A-409D-9B1A-53BB9A2B6411.jpeg7787F3B7-2C4C-4FD7-A465-B904ADAC55B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Slow Yota

Rank IV

Member III

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PNS

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Late notice, but I’ll be running Niagara Rim trail this weekend. Up above Sonora off Hwy 108. Starting he trail Saturday 7/23 at 11 am at the trailhead sign. Camping Thursday 7/21 thru Monday 7/25. Let me know if you want to join and I can send details and coordinates.

Eagle Meadows, Niagara Rim, Eagle Peak Trail

Taco Bout It

Rank III

Enthusiast I

San Jose
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
M
Member #

Very nice! Looks like we took over your spot that Friday. We were one of only three other vehicles there. So great that it's much tougher to get up to Prewitt Ridge now. I saw a group coming back out from Plaskett Ridge who probably hit the gate. Good for us! It was nice to do a whole lot of nothing for sure.
Hey Alex!

I am thinking of heading out to Prewitt Ridge sometime soon, maybe even this weekend! I am hoping you can clarify the route you took to get there now that Nacimiento-Ferguson Road is closed. I am struggling to find Los Burros Road and how it connects back up to Prewitt Ridge. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bryce