US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

Sfengineer

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Thome
Likely Saturday 5th of February. It will depend on finding a good snow trail, originally we were looking at the Mormon Emmigrant Trail but they have closed it this year. So perhaps Corral Hollow or another up there.
Awesome! Here’s a shot of eagle lakes from a week ago. Please Let me know if anyone is planning or wants to do an exploratory / scouting trip of any trails for the upcoming bigger trip - I was supposed to be in Europe for the rest of the month for work, but just got cancelled due to Covid...so lots of flexibility and free time on my side!D787161F-189B-435C-84C5-2B55AC864B12.jpeg

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Likely Saturday 5th of February. It will depend on finding a good snow trail, originally we were looking at the Mormon Emmigrant Trail but they have closed it this year. So perhaps Corral Hollow or another up there.
Dave- I believe the Corral Hollow trail has been closed for the season by the USFS for planning purposes : "Forest Road and Trail Closures December 15 2021 - April 14, 2022"

I believe Boards Crossing / Sourgrass Trail may still be open albeit a smaller loop trail.

Reactions: PapaDave

Sfengineer

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Thome
Hey Guys! Hope everyone’s out and enjoying the 3 day weekend! I’m so looking forward to the upcoming snow trip! Is it looking like Boards Crossing? I’ve never been and Love seeing now spots.

There’s a few longer trails I’m familiar with of 80, but u fortunately I have no idea what condition they’re in with that huge dump of snow we got

Bugeyz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Mir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STD
Like Jason said the Anza Borrego Rally Point is up! Snooze you lose!
PapaDave, I'm new so pardon the noob question: the A-B posts says only 15 rigs are allowed, how do I find out on whether it's full or space is still available. Thanks.

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

PapaDave, I'm new so pardon the noob question: the A-B posts says only 15 rigs are allowed, how do I find out on whether it's full or space is still available. Thanks.
Good evening, when you look at the trip Rally Point, go the Attendees tab and click on it. This will show you who ha signed up and he total vehicles. At the top of the section if spaces are sitill available, you’ll see an option to click Going or Not Going. If the option doesn’t exist, the trip has reached its limit set by the creator. Check back frequently as people’s plans change and sometimes have to back out.…ask me how I know :(. Also you can message the trip organizer in the trip chat to determine if any additional spots may become available or keep you posted. Hope this makes sense and helps…it was and still is a learning curve for us. All the best!

Reactions: PapaDave and Bugeyz

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good evening, when you look at the trip Rally Point, go the Attendees tab and click on it. This will show you who ha signed up and he total vehicles. At the top of the section if spaces are sitill available, you’ll see an option to click Going or Not Going. If the option doesn’t exist, the trip has reached its limit set by the creator. Check back frequently as people’s plans change and sometimes have to back out.…ask me how I know :(. Also you can message the trip organizer in the trip chat to determine if any additional spots may become available or keep you posted. Hope this makes sense and helps…it was and still is a learning curve for us. All the best!
Great answer Roger, and yes Ric that is how you do it! If full emailing the organizer is a great option. Currently the web page does not support holding a spot in line if someone cancels. So emailing and checking back is a good way to go. In addition if you look under “location“ you’ll find the map to download and prepare yourself if you can indeed go. Or you can save the file and go at another time on your own.

Bugeyz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Mir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STD
Great answer Roger, and yes Ric that is how you do it! If full emailing the organizer is a great option. Currently the web page does not support holding a spot in line if someone cancels. So emailing and checking back is a good way to go. In addition if you look under “location“ you’ll find the map to download and prepare yourself if you can indeed go. Or you can save the file and go at another time on your own.
Thank you both for your response, so another noob question: does the park limit the amount of vehicles in a group or was 15 an easy number of vehicles to manage?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thank you both for your response, so another noob question: does the park limit the amount of vehicles in a group or was 15 an easy number of vehicles to manage?
It’s usually partially the sheer numbers to manage based on the trail and the size of the planned campsite locations. As we usually disperse camp a clearing might only hold 15 rigs. 15 rigs requires a large area and if a trail has a lot of elements managing more vehicles might be pretty slow

Bugeyz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Mir
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STD
It’s usually partially the sheer numbers to manage based on the trail and the size of the planned campsite locations. As we usually disperse camp a clearing might only hold 15 rigs. 15 rigs requires a large area and if a trail has a lot of elements managing more vehicles might be pretty slow
I see and I can relate. I used to plan and lead adventure motorcycle rides and whenever I have a pack of 10 or more it's so easy to lose someone when your sweeper isn't paying attention. Although moto camping area space is not an issue it's mostly when you're on the go and each one's bio break has a different schedule so talk about a slow ride. Thanks.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Howdy hey howdy ho who wants to go to the snow?

I’ve heard Uncle Tom’s Cabin is a fun destination with maybe about 15 miles of snowy road to drive. Likely not too technical but a fun day trip to let kids and rigs play in the snow. Thinking about Saturday Feb 5th leaving Pleasanton around 8am. Let me know if you’d be interested and if anyone has been up there recently. Gaia’s snow map is showing a good amount of snow there. (38.9293517, -120.4849922)

0D8519DE-F5BC-422F-B3E3-887558781F82.jpeg0E1E54DC-42BB-4DA6-8DC9-E789AA74F355.jpeg

Last edited:

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
Hello!! .. I want to find out If I can get a 4runner TRD Pro Fox Suspension kit from anyone of your's or friend's builds who is replacing them.
I want to put them on my 4runner TRD ORP.
Or any other suggestions welcome.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello!! .. I want to find out If I can get a 4runner TRD Pro Fox Suspension kit from anyone of your's or friend's builds who is replacing them.
If someone does I’m sure they will let you know!

@AzzyRnr @JReichert11

Reactions: AzzyRnr

AzzyRnr

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Livermore, California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Azevedo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HKF
I have a set of Bilstein 5100’s with approximately 10,000. OME front springs 2887, icon 2” rear springs.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
HAM LICENSE

Want to get your HAM license in a day? Feb 12th there’s a HAM Cram in Stockton. Basically you don’t need to study they teach you what you need to know and the success rate is very high, around 97%.

$20 and you are set for 10 years! Here is a link and screen shot.

6102FE59-9216-4847-A5ED-9E226E307D61.jpeg

Reactions: Paasche

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
HAM LICENSE

Want to get your HAM license in a day? Feb 12th there’s a HAM Cram in Stockton. Basically you don’t need to study they teach you what you need to know and the success rate is very high, around 97%.

$20 and you are set for 10 years! Here is a link and screen shot.

View attachment 221952
I registered through their site a few weeks ago for Fed 12th.