US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Great meet up today! Thanks everyone for coming out! And a special thanks to Sean @AzzyRnr for his job presenting on hard-wired electrical systems for our rigs. I am really excited for the year to come and the plans we have in the works.

We have an update for our Anza Borego trip which will be February 24-28th. Keep and eye out for the Rally Point and we’ll post a note when it’s up! This is gonna be a good trip!

View attachment 219995
Dave, is the Anza Borego trip going to conflict with the pending re-scheduled NPS Death Valley clean-up, which was scheduled for this upcoming weekend and post-boned by the NPS? I know Kent was working hard to re-schedule the cleanup accordingly and the dates remain pending. Thanks!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Dave, is the Anza Borego trip going to conflict with the pending re-scheduled NPS Death Valley clean-up, which was scheduled for this upcoming weekend and post-boned by the NPS? I know Kent was working hard to re-schedule the cleanup accordingly and the dates remain pending. Thanks!
Some members had heard the NPS work day was going to be Presdient’s Day Weekend, the weekend before.

Reactions: Roger 2486

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey PapaDave and the rest of the East Bay crew! I'm Luke and new to the forum and looking forward to joining the next meeting and meeting everyone. So glad to see such a community exists in our area.
Glad you are here, we JUST met Sunday, bummed you missed us! Keep an eye on post #2 on this thread and if you follow this thread you’ll be alerted to when trips happen and rally points (trip RSVP’s) go up.

Reactions: rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
for the yearly calendar are there tentative dates? I need to look at calendars at work to schedule time.
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say "Hi!" at the meetup, We'll have to rectify that at the next one. :D

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997
Hey PapaDave and the rest of the East Bay crew! I'm Luke and new to the forum and looking forward to joining the next meeting and meeting everyone. So glad to see such a community exists in our area.
Welcome Luke! I look forward to meeting you. :grimacing:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Like Jason said the Anza Borrego Rally Point is up! Snooze you lose!

Sfengineer

Rank I

Contributor III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Thome
Glad you are here, we JUST met Sunday, bummed you missed us! Keep an eye on post #2 on this thread and if you follow this thread you’ll be alerted to when trips happen and rally points (trip RSVP’s) go up.
Thanks Dave! I soooo wanted to join Sunday but it was either that or my daughters 1st birthday. As much as I love overlanding and camping, I didn’t want to have to do it full time out of necessity . I’ll definitely keep an eye on the calendar and can’t wait to join some of these! Is there any tentative timeline for the Tahoe snow day yet?

• Haha
Reactions: PapaDave

Beto M

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pleasanton california
First Name
Beto
Last Name
Mercado
Member #

A number of people have asked about our yearly plan. Here is a rough break down:

January- MLK weekend is the Death Valley work trip, fun and giving back!
February- Anza Borrego most likely later in the month
February- Snow Run Day in the Sierras
March-April Mojave Road Trail Guardian Trip
March-April Usal Beach and Fern Canyon
May- Black Rock Desert
May- Overland Expo West
June- Prewitt Ridge
July- Leavitt Lake and Bodie Ghost Town
July- Colorado Ouray and Black Bear Pass
August- Corral Hollow
September-October Mojave Trail Guardian
November- Death Valley

Got a trip you’d like to do? Let me know, and all of these are subject to change!
Hello dave,
This is Alberto I talked with you on Sunday about going on some of these trips I actually like all of these destinations. Is these the best place to check back on updates for these trips

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello dave,
This is Alberto I talked with you on Sunday about going on some of these trips I actually like all of these destinations. Is these the best place to check back on updates for these trips
Yes it is, we just posted the rally point for Anza Borrego Feb 24-27th. You can find it using the link a couple posts back or go to the calendar and see it there.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks Dave! I soooo wanted to join Sunday but it was either that or my daughters 1st birthday. As much as I love overlanding and camping, I didn’t want to have to do it full time out of necessity . I’ll definitely keep an eye on the calendar and can’t wait to join some of these! Is there any tentative timeline for the Tahoe snow day yet?
Likely Saturday 5th of February. It will depend on finding a good snow trail, originally we were looking at the Mormon Emmigrant Trail but they have closed it this year. So perhaps Corral Hollow or another up there.