US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
A number of people have asked about our yearly plan. Here is a rough break down:

January- MLK weekend is the Death Valley work trip, fun and giving back!
February- Anza Borrego most likely later in the month
February- Snow Run Day in the Sierras
March-April Mojave Road Trail Guardian Trip
March-April Usal Beach and Fern Canyon
May- Black Rock Desert
May- Overland Expo West
June- Prewitt Ridge
July- Leavitt Lake and Bodie Ghost Town
July- Colorado Ouray and Black Bear Pass
August- Corral Hollow
September-October Mojave Trail Guardian
November- Death Valley

Got a trip you’d like to do? Let me know, and all of these are subject to change!

Last edited:

JTRDIESEL

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
XXXX
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NOM
A number of people have asked about our yearly plan. Here is a rough break down:

February- MET Trail Snow Run Day in the Sierras
May- Black Rock Desert
May- Overland Expo West
June- Prewitt Ridge
August- Corral Hollow
November- Death Valley

Got a trip you’d like to do? Let me know, and all of these are subject to change!
Eldorado - Home -- just an FYI, MET is currently closed through March 31st

Reactions: PapaDave

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ

February- MET Trail Snow Run Day in the Sierras
May- Black Rock Desert
May- Overland Expo West
June- Prewitt Ridge
August- Corral Hollow
November- Death Valley

Dave, great list. I saw that Jul 8-10 is the expo in PNW - this maybe an option as well with some exploring going up or coming back

RAMf1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Everyone who went on the East Bay Death Valley adventure should check out some of the latest YouTube videos from JonDZ Adventuring. It turns out his group ran Goler Canyon and Mengel Pass the day after Dave’s group ran the same route. What is even crazier, his group ran Titus Canyon the same day both of our groups did. In fact, Armin‘s group is somewhat featured in Jon’s Death Valley Titus Canyon Video.

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Everyone who went on the East Bay Death Valley adventure should check out some of the latest YouTube videos from JonDZ Adventuring. It turns out his group ran Goler Canyon and Mengel Pass the day after Dave’s group ran the same route. What is even crazier, his group ran Titus Canyon the same day both of our groups did. In fact, Armin‘s group is somewhat featured in Jon’s Death Valley Titus Canyon Video.
….and good to see I made the blooper real with the quick deploying rooftop tent! Ugh! Like the man said, it was great to have friends, who helped to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Good times!

Last edited:

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We are meeting this Sunday 1-3pm and we will be discussing hard-wired electric systems and options in our vehicles. Sean @AzzyRnr will be presenting on his 4Runner build and his decision processes to wire up a good solution for him. Though not an electrician by trade he’s done a stellar job, makes me not want to lift my hood in “rats-nest-wiring” shame. Haha

See you Sunday!

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
We are meeting this Sunday 1-3pm and we will be discussing hard-wired electric systems and options in our vehicles. Sean @AzzyRnr will be presenting on his 4Runner build and his decision processes to wire up a good solution for him. Though not an electrician by trade he’s done a stellar job, makes me not want to lift my hood in “rats-nest-wiring” shame. Haha

See you Sunday!
It is a long hike for me from Hollister but planning to attend.

Reactions: rho and PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just another reminder!

The East Bay Meet Up in Pleasanton CA is meeting this Sunday 1-3pm. We will be discussing hard-wired electrical systems for our rigs and best practices. Everyone is welcome, we meet under the massive oak tree in the parking lot of the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park staging area. We will also discuss our yearly trip plans as well!
January 9th, 2022
1-3pm
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

2D9C0062-F152-43E0-8F4E-489CBA82CA60.jpeg

kramme

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Kramme
We are coming to the meet up, a bit of a drive (Novato) but we have been wanting to come for awhile. See you all tomorrow.

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

We’re not going to make it today after all. It’s Karen’s birthday today and she is going to be glued to the Steelers game and likely Big Ben’s last game…I’m pretty sure a bomb going off wouldn’t budge her an inch . Looking forward to the next meeting and trip. Best to all!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Great meet up today! Thanks everyone for coming out! And a special thanks to Sean @AzzyRnr for his job presenting on hard-wired electrical systems for our rigs. I am really excited for the year to come and the plans we have in the works.

We have an update for our Anza Borego trip which will be February 24-28th. Keep and eye out for the Rally Point and we’ll post a note when it’s up! This is gonna be a good trip!

1641774337958.jpeg

Last edited:

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Bummer, couldn’t join you Today - Anza is awesome can’t wait

Cheers
Armin

Great meet up today! Thanks everyone for coming out! And a special thanks to Sean @AzzyRnr for his job presenting on hard-wired electrical systems for our rigs. I am really excited the year to come and the plans we have in the works.

We have an update for our Anza Borego trip which will be February 24-28th. Keep and eye out for the Rally Point and we’ll post a note when it’s up! This is gonna be a good trip!

View attachment 219995