US West East Bay Monthly Meet Up - Pleasanton Ridge regional park CA - AUGUST MEET up moved to Aug 20- OLD THREAD

• HTML tutorial

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
Just saw this too. I'll be camping at Sue-meg in July so looks like will need to navigate permitting. Went then a few summers back BC and yeah, despite a small water crossing, place was jam-packed

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
So quick question for everyone. April 8-10th is the Lost Coast Trip so I will be not be able to lead the meet up on April 10th, the second Sunday. Options are we move it to Saturday April 16th (Easter is the 17th), cancel it altogether, or still meet the 10th and someone volunteers to head up the meet up.

Let me know!

Btw got my new wheels and tires on. Lift is coming shortly. 1C4A9DF6-00B5-4B29-A494-CF185B61A0DD.jpeg

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

So quick question for everyone. April 8-10th is the Lost Coast Trip so I will be not be able to lead the meet up on April 10th, the second Sunday. Options are we move it to Saturday April 16th (Easter is the 17th), cancel it altogether, or still meet the 10th and someone volunteers to head up the meet up.

Let me know!

Btw got my new wheels and tires on. Lift is coming shortly. View attachment 226728
Dave, Looks great! I am in favor of moving the meeting to Saturday 04/16 in lieu of cancelling. Whatever is best for the mass.

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

Let me know!

Btw got my new wheels and tires on. Lift is coming shortly. View attachment 226728
Nice Dave! I also got a new whip! With the prices of vehicles right now I sold my 4Runner for what I got it for and bought a newer Tacoma. I say move the meeting. Maybe I can make this one for once lol

Attachments

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Nice Dave! I also got a new whip! With the prices of vehicles right now I sold my 4Runner for what I got it for and bought a newer Tacoma. I say move the meeting. Maybe I can make this one for once lol
It would be great to have ya! Ok thanks for the feedback and nice truck!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I am wiring up a waterproof box to house my switches in the bed of the truck. I decided to do it right the first time! It will run camp lights, spot lights, tent lights, and my fridge.

First cuts are always the scariest!
A32E2B1A-67E9-4535-8FBC-17FEE16A756B.jpeg

Hope it’s right!
6A8B5000-B74C-4016-A38F-5B42F797BDBF.jpeg

Waterproof boxes with the negative box open
32B4326E-5033-45ED-86EF-DA6E7ADE93BD.jpeg

Space between the bed and fender on the inside looking up from underneath the truck
3D5D0A81-2270-45C6-9E23-32D943275CD2.jpeg

And the final look, I decided not to center the air chuck because there’s a support rib for the bed on the backside right next to the air chuck. You can just make out the crease where it runs up and down.
96EF8891-1D57-4CE3-B7CF-FBA7E96072E7.jpeg

Attachments

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

I am wiring up a waterproof box to house my switches in the bed of the truck. I decided to do it right the first time! It will run camp lights, spot lights, tent lights, and my fridge.

First cuts are always the scariest!
View attachment 226787

Hope it’s right!
View attachment 226790

Waterproof boxes with the negative box open
View attachment 226788

Space between the bed and fender on the inside looking up from underneath the truck
View attachment 226789

And the final look, I decided not to center the air chuck because there’s a support rib for the bed on the backside right next to the air chuck. You can just make out the crease where it runs up and down.
View attachment 226786
Looks awesome! Great job...looking forward to hearing about your install /materials used, which you determined to be best for your build- needs...I have lot's of ideas for mods and would prefer not to use the "trial and error" method. Rather, as you said; do it right the first time. Thanks for sharing and nice work!

Last edited:

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
I like this photo of Fern Canyon! Bring water boots, or snow boots, and we will walk up this stream. It’s pretty amazing!
(in the previous photo notice how small Armin @TrailHawkGuy is compared to the canyon wall)
View attachment 225766
Hi Papa Dave - we are interested, but have an HQ15 trailer. We've been up & over Usal and out onto the beach, so that's not an issue (branch scratches aside), but will we need to drop the trailer for Fern Canyon?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Papa Dave - we are interested, but have an HQ15 trailer. We've been up & over Usal and out onto the beach, so that's not an issue (branch scratches aside), but will we need to drop the trailer for Fern Canyon?
It’s easier if you do, and there’s a parking lot at the entrance to the road where the elk viewing location is with nice bathrooms. We’ve had members drop trailers there before and they were fine

Reactions: ProtonDecay

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Thanks Papa Dave :-) - one more....will we be camping at Gold Bluffs the second night or at the Klamath River site? Janet and I have camped at Klamath and can get out there no problem (just not too far into the sandy cobbles), but if group staying at Gold Bluffs then we'll try to stay at Elk Prarie. Cheers!

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Thanks Papa Dave :-) - one more....will we be camping at Gold Bluffs the second night or at the Klamath River site? Janet and I have camped at Klamath and can get out there no problem (just not too far into the sandy cobbles), but if group staying at Gold Bluffs then we'll try to stay at Elk Prarie. Cheers!
Scratch that - found Klamath in the trip description. We're in!

4Low_Good_to_Go

Rank VII

Protector II

San Lorenzo, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997

Let me know!

April 16th

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just a reminder no meeting this Sunday, but April 16th.

We are going to discuss air. Lots of air. Air here, air there. Why we care about air, in tires or a spare. So don’t be square, be there.

Bring your compressors, portables, C02, air up/down hose systems and we will do a show and tell of options.

1649343443074.jpeg

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Im guessing most of our group will be attending Expo west but I am wondering if anyone is planning on attending the Expo PNW? I plan to attend this one this year, anyone else?

Reactions: AzzyRnr