Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

As our friend and member of Overland Bound Marco is going on an amazing field trip to the Nord Kapp during Winter, we like to join him on a small section of his trip.
This means that we will join him in Belgium and drive with him the border between Holland and Belgium. This also to test out the Trialers for Winter camping and to test Marco's trailer for track capability.
To make sure that when he leaves on the 18th, the trailer is fully tested and ready for that big trip.
So, maybe you like to say hello and drive up with us for the moment.

View Rally Point

76mv

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fife, Scotland, UK
Member #

PM me Marco?

I'd like to know your route if possible.

Joey
My wife and I have traveled the west coast of Norway in the past so we now travel something different. Denmark to Sweden and then up the east coast before going into Finland then Norway.

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

I would like to join. I don't know if I can make it on friday but Saturday for sure. Can you give some more detail about the planning?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, still all in preparations, I have to find a Campsite which is open in the winter, and that kind of things.
So, as soon as I have more details, they will pop up here.
But it will be along the Belgium/Dutch border and I think just west of Eindhoven on the friday and east on the saturday.
Saturday evening I will try to have dinner at Marc's BBQ in Uden. But not sure if we can make it.
Like I said, all is in preparation.

More to come.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Assuming I can afford the trip, I could arrive in Westervoort roughly 16 hours after leaving my apartment (and would only require 1 pitstop for fuel), this trip (or any trip to the Netherlands with my car) just became alot more realistic..

Reactions: Bart Voermans NIVA
Assuming I can afford the trip, I could arrive in Westervoort roughly 16 hours after leaving my apartment (and would only require 1 pitstop for fuel), this trip (or any trip to the Netherlands with my car) just became alot more realistic..
I live like 7 km from Westervoort, so if you are in the neighborhood, let me know, your are welcome. :-)

Nijn

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi all, my name is Ramon and i'm new in overlanding although I dreaming of it for many years already. If its possible I would like to join the trip only on the 16th to meet other enthusiast

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Ramon,

That is off course very much possible. Just read this Rally Point and then you know were we will be saturday morning.
Nice to have you aboard.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ok folks,
We have a campsite, which isnt open, but for it is. Wonderful.
It is Camping Sjorovo
Gestelsedijk 130, 3920 Lommel, Belgium
So, if you like to join us on the saturday, be there then at ten in the morning.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ok, more details,

First, we are meeting up at the first meeting point, as discribed in Rally Point between 10.00 and 11.00. Will try to leave around 11.00. That is the friday.
Then we will arrive in the evening at the campsite. Not sure what time. That depends on the weather, route (tough or not) and more.
The evening we will spend there and whoever likes to join is very welcome.
The saturday, we are leaving around 10.00 in the morning. And we will end the tour in Uden at Marc's BBQ.
http://www.marcsbarbq.nl/uden
Time? No clue, we will see.
You have my phone number, so if you like call me for details or joining us during the trip.
Untill then, you can PM me.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,
Well, just a bit more as one week to go.
Marco will follow me during this trip. And I really hope some will follow us.