Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

@Blaine recently posted about his trip, and would certainly discuss particulars. https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/alaska-trip.4060/#post-63813

Here's @Terry Pickens planning thread to compare notes. Alasaka Bound

@Cappy410's Alaska and Canada trip report. Alaska and the Yukon

And @Turner Overlanding's build with links to their trip. 1997 Land Cruiser Atlanta to Alaska

I'm going to go ahead and move this into the Trip Planning forum for you.
Thank you for the links Steve.

Blaine

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Grande Prairie AB
Member #

Yes you should go.... whether it be to just see the sights, fish, hike or wheel the skag/mountain trails, there are tons of things to do, no matter what you are into. We will be going back again in the coming years to do the things we missed and spend more time in certain areas. I will update my Thread in the coming days.

Reactions: Kelly

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Yes i did all the travel in the jeep
I will most likely do the same although will be pulling our offroad trailer due to the limitations of space within the Jeep. Would you change anything with the rig if you had to do it all over again?

TigersRevenge

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mission , BC
Member #

I will most likely do the same although will be pulling our offroad trailer due to the limitations of space within the Jeep. Would you change anything with the rig if you had to do it all over again?
The only thing would be to pack lighter as i was packed to heavy and did not need alot of the stuff i took with. I learned alot on that trip now i will pack light weight stuff

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Yes I am planning one in 2018, I have started investigating places to see now along my preliminary route. All subject to change as I dive more into the planning. But I am getting to Glacier National ParkBanff, Jasper, Dawson, Skagway.