Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Rafael, California, United States
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Ribeiro
Member #

Hello , w about to start the drawer setup for my JLU and I can’t seem to get my head to see where’s the start for anchoring it to the car.
Has anyone done this to a JLU?
I’d love to see some videos or anything to point me on the right direction.

Attachments

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Replace the removable panel on the cargo floor and the two strips on each side that are held down by bolted tie down strips with one plywood piece cut to the same outline as the panel and two tie down strips combined. You can then secure cabinets to that plywood flooring and you can secure the flooring to the Jeep body using the same bolt holes and same size bolts as the tie downs.

Reactions: Outlandre

Outlandre

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Andre
Last Name
Ribeiro
Member #

Replace the removable panel on the cargo floor and the two strips on each side that are held down by bolted tie down strips with one plywood piece cut to the same outline as the panel and two tie down strips combined. You can then secure cabinets to that plywood flooring and you can secure the flooring to the Jeep body using the same bolt holes and same size bolts as the tie downs.
I’m trying not to have the bottom of the platform blocking access to the storage because it’s where I keep my tools and recovery gear.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I’m trying not to have the bottom of the platform blocking access to the storage because it’s where I keep my tools and recovery gear.
Put a trap door the size of that storage cubby in the plywood base. Many people just create a panel with a fingerhole that you can use to lift it up and gain access to the storage below. For a more ideas you can search on Goose Gear as they sell a professionally done and expensive version of what I am describing.

Reactions: Outlandre

Outlandre

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Andre
Last Name
Ribeiro
Member #

Put a trap door the size of that storage cubby in the plywood base. Many people just create a panel with a fingerhole that you can use to lift it up and gain access to the storage below. For a more ideas you can search on Goose Gear as they sell a professionally done and expensive version of what I am describing.
Thank you so much.

Outlandre

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Andre
Last Name
Ribeiro
Member #

Hello , w about to start the drawer setup for my JLU and I can’t seem to get my head to see where’s the start for anchoring it to the car.
Has anyone done this to a JLU?
I’d love to see some videos or anything to point me on the right direction.
Update on the project.

Attachments

Reactions: zgfiredude