Huezee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Troy, New York
First Name
B
Last Name
H

"I’ve had plenty to say about the privilege people express on-trail in the Adirondacks, but this was the most aggressive example I’ve encountered. It also put a cap on a summer’s worth of absurd misuse on Forest Preserve lands. Seeing a car parked by that trail register made the remnants of campfires on the summit of Marcy look downright wholesome. Not only were people who perpetrated this action not showing any shame or humility; they were arguing their innocence despite being so clearly in the wrong. Most absurd of all, they were shouting their defiance at another person who had volunteered to put their life in the way of potential danger to uphold the laws of this state and this country."

TL;DR: Jeep Cherokee and owner drove miles down a track near Mt. Marcy that is clearly marked and prohibits motorized access. So far this summer and fall has seen a number of jerrys/tourons/citidiots/joeys in the Adirondacks doing stupid things. My favorite is the person that accidentally bear sprayed themself at the trailhead.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I read this earlier.... is this another post?

ahh edit,,, is also on expedition portal...
Agreed, these idiots are why trails get closed.

Reactions: Huezee