Do you have an American flag on your rig?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Do you have an American flag on your rig?

• Total voters

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500

Experimenter I

Lorain County, OH, USA
Member #

A thought to ponder. 25 years ago, your statement would, I thought, be more true. Nowadays with Mercedes, BMW,Kia, Nissan, and....TOYOTA, being made here in the USA, that I would think would not be true. IGNORANCE in society is a continuing battle. With info at your finger tips, it's so sad, that this still happens.

Toyota, Dodge,assemblage, plus parts for Ford and GM, from Mexico. Ad cars and parts from Canada, for decades. And many of the workers, especially from Canada, are UAW union members. SAD, JUST SAD.
I live within 15 miles of two large Ford plants. One's recently closed, and the other reduced to a tiny fraction of its previous work force within the past couple of years. There are still a lot of unemployed auto workers in the area, as well as the thousands that got played off or forced to retire early years ago that still hold a grudge.

Yes, there are a lot more variety of cars here, but still a huge number of families that would never drive anything other than a Ford or GM product. But putting a USA flag on a Japanese truck would still not be a smart choice here.

Reactions: RainGoat

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

Vet too, with no flag. I feel like sporting a US flag in the US is like wearing a RUSH concert t-shirt at a RUSH concert...we get it. Also, people are now riding the "I'm offended" train and ANYTHING you put on your vehicle will offend someone and then they feel justified in vandalizing your stuff because they were offended. Too risky.

Last edited:

MidOH

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
I spend half of my life, pretty much looking like this:

.....so a sticker on the truck is a bit redundant.

I'm not worried about Ohio UAW guys running out of the giant stacks of cash they were paid to make cars poorly in Ohio. I'm more worried about liberal flag haters tearing up a brand new ride. Lots of overlanders lean left.

I don't care if the flag is being flown wrong, at this point, all patriotic people need to bind together. Don't like the neighbors tattered flag, buy him a new one. They're cheap, you might make a new friend.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

I'm more worried about liberal flag haters tearing up a brand new ride. Lots of overlanders lean left.
Yeah, that is why I don't put anything on my vehicle. Its bad enough just having a license plate with the state on it. I was in the Navy stationed in CT and had Texas plates on my truck...that got me into a lot of shit just having that up there.

MidOH

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
I won't go to states like that anyways.

I still haven't seen Utah, or AZ, and Florida has a ton of diving that I haven't done yet. When CT, NY, NJ, cA, or any other pathetic state is running tourism adds on TV, begging people to visit, I just can't help but laugh. Why would I?

There's a ton of welcoming areas, that I haven't explored.

Last edited:
Reactions: grubworm

MMc

Rank III

Advocate II

Southern Califoria
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I keep one on my dash. I go to Mexico every month or so, I take it off the dash when I leave the country.