Do you have an American flag on your rig?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Do you have an American flag on your rig?

• Total voters

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

I have had one on my rig since before 9/11. My preferred place is on my CB whip antenna (behind cab) Left Side. It is the little cloth 3x5 inch size.
Have a 3'x5' on the house flagpole, and put a 8'x12' up on national high holidays also.

Attachments

Last edited:

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I've ran across many pics showing the British Union Jack painted on Land Rovers, and other vehicles, as well as a pic of a Land Rover with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on the door.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems disrespectful. I really hate it when I see Old Glory painted on vehicles in this way.

6646.jpg 20181231_201403.jpg

Reactions: MarkK and Jimmy P

Fozzy325

Rank VI

Traveler I

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

So I went to the states last year and I seen this flag and I was really confused.
FB52D6D0-6D29-464C-A7E0-9C741BD4C050-5835-00000533320CB1AE.jpg

Then I seen this.

FFEFE53C-2C48-4F4A-85B4-4E7EB7A1A4BE-5835-000005335583341B.jpg

Then I did research and I was gobsmacked with all the versions people are flying in the states.

1F874C24-EA82-4AB2-8902-A2403B45B0A8-5835-0000053278FBF41C.jpg

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Member #

So I went to the states last year and I seen this flag and I was really confused.
View attachment 80754

Then I seen this.

View attachment 80755

Then I did research and I was gobsmacked with all the versions people are flying in the states.

View attachment 80756
Unfortunately there are way too many bastardizations of our flag.

There was a Federal law against defacing our flag; I wish it would be brought back and enforced to the full extent.

The "Flag Protection Act" - Title 18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States.

Unfortunately the Supreme Court shot it down via United States v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310. They ruled that "the Government's interest in preserving the flag as a symbol does not outweigh the individual's 1st Amendment right to disparage that symbol through expressive conduct".

Now any douche bag can disgrace our flag by saying it's an expression of their 1st Amendment right.

12 Sam 1

Rank I

Traveler I

Bay Area, CA, USA
Member #

Unfortunately there are way too many bastardizations of our flag.

There was a Federal law against defacing our flag; I wish it would be brought back and enforced to the full extent.

The "Flag Protection Act" - Title 18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States.

Unfortunately the Supreme Court shot it down via United States v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310. They ruled that "the Government's interest in preserving the flag as a symbol does not outweigh the individual's 1st Amendment right to disparage that symbol through expressive conduct".

Now any douche bag can disgrace our flag by saying it's an expression of their 1st Amendment right.
I do see your point. Blue for the police, Green for the military, Red for Firefighters, and Gold for Dispatchers. What a bunch of douche bags they all are (Sarcasm greatly intended)

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI

Advocate II

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I do see your point. Blue for the police, Green for the military, Red for Firefighters, and Gold for Dispatchers. What a bunch of douche bags they all are (Sarcasm greatly intended)
I get really annoyed when the Union Flag is flown incorrectly (usually upside down). To me it's obviously but it's surprising how many people don't understand how it looks so wrong. So much for their patriotic attitude eh. It just goes to show how thick some people are. Grrrrrrr

Reactions: 12 Sam 1

Fozzy325

Rank VI

Traveler I

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

I get really annoyed when the Union Flag is flown incorrectly (usually upside down). To me it's obviously but it's surprising how many people don't understand how it looks so wrong. So much for their patriotic attitude eh. It just goes to show how thick some people are. Grrrrrrr
Correct.
calling it a Union Jack is totally a lack of respect for the union flag. Then to fly it upside down.
The only time to call it a Union Jack is once when flying it on a warship
CA8B557C-6C91-4BEC-AF0A-348C5BA3313B-5835-00000545C3FC8377.jpg

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI

Advocate II

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Correct.
calling it a Union Jack is totally a lack of respect for the union flag. Then to fly it upside down.
The only time to call it a Union Jack is once when flying it on a warship
View attachment 80761
After serving 23 years in the Royal Navy the term "Union Jack" IS indeed used on warships. Landlubber civilians are to refer to the flag as the Union Flag.

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Member #

mrnv.jpg 20190103_142218.jpg 20190103_142137.jpg
I do understand what they are trying to do, but I still don't think they need to deface the flag to do it.

I have seen flags with commemorative ribbons attached. The most common one is the one for morning. Commemorative ribbons do not deface the flag.

These ribbons are readily available.

Reactions: lvcjt702 and 9Mike2

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Member #

After serving 23 years in the Royal Navy the term "Union Jack" IS indeed used on warships. Landlubber civilians are to refer to the flag as the Union Flag.

Pardon... Union Flag.

Might want to say something to Wiki, entries can be changed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

Typically, over here in my part of the world, it's referred to as the "Union Jack" or the "British" flag. Our flag is also referred to as the "Union Flag" at times.

12 Sam 1

Rank I

Traveler I

Bay Area, CA, USA
Member #

View attachment 80770 View attachment 80771 View attachment 80772

I do understand what they are trying to do, but I still don't think they need to deface the flag to do it.

I have seen flags with commemorative ribbons attached. The most common one is the one for morning. Commemorative ribbons do not deface the flag.

These ribbons are readily available.
It's the douche part of your diatribe that set me off. You want free speech but only when it fits your opinion.