Do you have an American flag on your rig?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

• Total voters

ILLFOZZ

Rank V

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

1) Vote YES or NO at the top of the page
2) Comment the location
3) Post a picture if you have one

'MERICA!

Reactions: Jeffrey Richards

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

One on each rear window of the Land Rover. They are packed away in storage while it goes through it's mechanical restoration.

Found an old pic - pre-teardown. The second flag has not been put on at the time this pic was taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.Shack and ILLFOZZ

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500

Experimenter I

Lorain County, OH, USA
Member #

Merged two duplicate threads and moved to Off-Topic. Remember, a substantial portion of this sites membership are not residents of the USA.

I do not have an American flag on my Japanese truck. Here in the greater Cleveland area, where steel and autoworkers still are a local force, sticking an American flag on a Japanese truck is an invitation to vandalism.

MOAK

Rank VI

Advocate II

Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

I'm glad to hear you take it off. It really pisses me off when I see people driving with a flag attached regardless of weather &/or road conditions.
I agree, coming from the transportation industry I would see a lot of flags flying on all kinds of vehicles. Tattered, torn, ripped, out in the rain and all other kinds of foul weather.. Those flying flags on their vehicles don't have even the slightest idea that they are showing a complete disrespect to the flag. Stickers? cool, flying a flag till it's damaged? Not cool at all.

vegasjeepguy

Rank VI

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I agree, coming from the transportation industry I would see a lot of flags flying on all kinds of vehicles. Tattered, torn, ripped, out in the rain and all other kinds of foul weather.. Those flying flags on their vehicles don't have even the slightest idea that they are showing a complete disrespect to the flag. Stickers? cool, flying a flag till it's damaged? Not cool at all.
The same is true with people who hung a flag in front of their house and then forget about it. I’ve had multiple conversations with people and even offer to “retire” and properly dispose of the damaged or worn out flag for them. A few have taken me up on my offer. Others tell me they will do it.

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Member #

I know a lot of people, especially after 9/11, who like to demonstrate their patriotism and wear all sorts of clothing and such to do so. I also know that the vast majority of them have the best intentions in mind, yet most of the items bother me. I have no issue with someone wearing/using an item, such as a hat, shirt, backpack and such that has a flag patch on it or a depiction of the flag on it. I even have a couple shirts with the flag depicted on it, like the one with the flag across the chest with the words "these colors don't run" under it.

What bothers me are this who have/wear American flag underwear/boxershorts, swimsuits, pants, shirts, shoes and so on. I'm talking about garments that are nothing but the flag, or most of the garment is the flag. To me it's no different than a person walking up to my house, removing my flag and using it as the material to make a shirt.

I sure hope I said that right. I applaud their patriotism but thing they take past the point it becomes disrespectful.

Correus

Rank VI

Advocate I

Member #

I found this radiator cap flag mount from the '20s years ago at a junk shop. You can see them being used in photos from the '20s & '30s during Armistice Day parades.

It is missing a flag because a little girl saw the flags when it was displayed with my WWI collection last Spring and asked if she could have one.

This isn't my rig, but once my Landy is up and running again I'm planning on using the flag mount and doing this for special occasions. I'm going to rig up a removable mount so it can be placed higher up.