Do fish get thirsty?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

All you ever needed to know.
wow...i forgot about that video! he was big in the 70s and on the tonight show quite a few times, also died this year... :pensive:

i did google this:

Only saltwater fish drink. In freshwater, the inside of the fish is "saltier" than the surrounding environment. Water moves into the fish by osmosis, passively, through the gills and the skin and the stomach. Fish have to eliminate all this excess water by peeing dilute urine.

• Haha
Reactions: Lanlubber

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

Is water wet? I think you got your answer
Being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet. Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material. ... Cohesive forces are also responsible for surface tension. :sunglasses:

• Haha
Reactions: Lanlubber

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet. Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material. ... Cohesive forces are also responsible for surface tension. :sunglasses:
Wet water not wet but will make you wet 101 !!! :coldsweat: