Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

It’s finally here, let the build begin!! Picked it up yesterday.

Covered Wagon 4x8, 4ft tall, with a V-Nose.

Future plans:
-Rear Kitchen
-42 gallon on board water, with exterior shower
-At Least a two batteries system, with shore power hook up, and plans for some solar in the future
-plenty on storage in the front for gear, etc
-RTT
-270 awning
-shower enclosure
-wider axle to match Jeep with matching wheels and tires

Adjustments.JPG59304185905__7E910E0B-F48D-4C92-938A-117D11843B7E.JPG

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Seems like a really cool platform to start with! The only hard part is getting more ground clearance. [emoji1305]
I’m going to replace the axle with a wider 5x5 bolt pattern, and install matching 35” tires, I’ll then have approximately 17.5” at the axle, and 24” on the body.

TacomaSparky

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

I could if needed do an axle flip, would still have the small clearance at the axle, but it would raise the body farther off the ground.
I would’ve done leafs and a axle too if I didn’t have to weld mounts on and everything. I ended up just using some simple stub axles on mine because it was easier.

Trent Munson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

Cool trailer! If you're looking for more ground clearance, I would recommend looking into Timbren axleless axles. They were a game changer with my build. I was able to match my vehicle bolt pattern and run 33s without having to use spacers, had the option for electric brakes, and dont have to worry about snagging anything on the trailers axle because there isn't one.

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Cool trailer! If you're looking for more ground clearance, I would recommend looking into Timbren axleless axles. They were a game changer with my build. I was able to match my vehicle bolt pattern and run 33s without having to use spacers, had the option for electric brakes, and dont have to worry about snagging anything on the trailers axle because there isn't one.
I’m not super worried about ground clearance, I’m going to upgrade the axle to 3500lbs and match the Jeep bolt pattern and hub face width.

MjC54

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington Tn
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Cominsky
Member #

I’m not super worried about ground clearance, I’m going to upgrade the axle to 3500lbs and match the Jeep bolt pattern and hub face width.
Larger tires should give you all the ground clearance you need. If your like me Timberin axles are awesome but dont want to invest that much the axle flip will work fine. I did mine and I have never had an issue with bottoming out my leaf springs and it pulls great. I have never been running that high speed over really rough terrain with a trailer. If that's what your into than look into timberin axles.

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Larger tires should give you all the ground clearance you need. If your like me Timberin axles are awesome but dont want to invest that much the axle flip will work fine. I did mine and I have never had an issue with bottoming out my leaf springs and it pulls great. I have never been running that high speed over really rough terrain with a trailer. If that's what your into than look into timberin axles.
I’m not interested in rock crawling with the trailer, so the 17ish inches of ground clearance from the tires at the axle will work for me, going to try going without flipping the axle for now, currently having to use a 4” drop hitch, so after the 5” lift from the tires it should be close to level.

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
Yes - very much digging these ideas guys! Keep up the excellent work and ideas. :)

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Sorry been awhile since the last update!! Took a trip to Tellico Plains in January with my son and some guys from Church for Jeeping and fishing. Here are a few photos of the Trailer Setup at Camp.

Attachments

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Some finally got the weather, time, and money (mainly the weather, the rain has been terrible in TN lately) to line up together so I could get some work done on the back of the Adventure Trailer.

Attachments