Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Those turned out nice. I had some made by a local shop on their laser cutter. We used 3/16 aluminum. Gave me a ton of new mounting options. Also added some strength to my RTT rack. View attachment 127942View attachment 127943
That's pretty slick, figuring out what fasteners takes some imagination I would think. What's holding the grey box in place ?

MjC54

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington Tn
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Cominsky
Member #

That's pretty slick, figuring out what fasteners takes some imagination I would think. What's holding the grey box in place ?
I'm using 1/4 20 stainless bolts with nylock nuts so they dont vibrate loose. Just drilled through the box wit a rubber washer inside. Gone through some heavy rain and no leaks.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm using 1/4 20 stainless bolts with nylock nuts so they dont vibrate loose. Just drilled through the box wit a rubber washer inside. Gone through some heavy rain and no leaks.
What's in the box ? I had not thought the box was a permanent fixture . Is it hinged from the bottom or side or ??? I'm thinking it's your compressor or something like that.

MjC54

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington Tn
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Cominsky
Member #

What's in the box ? I had not thought the box was a permanent fixture . Is it hinged from the bottom or side or ??? I'm thinking it's your compressor or something like that.
It contains a first aid kit that I put together for injuries that may occur in a wilderness setting. Burns, cuts, hypothermia etc. It actually has first aid decals now. I carry a general kit in the jeep.

MjC54

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arlington Tn
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Cominsky
Member #

It contains a first aid kit that I put together for injuries that may occur in a wilderness setting. Burns, cuts, hypothermia etc. It actually has first aid decals now. I carry a general kit in the jeep.
It is hinged on the bottom. It's a pelican knock off that I purchased at harbor freight for 30$ it's actually a good quality replica.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

It is hinged on the bottom. It's a pelican knock off that I purchased at harbor freight for 30$ it's actually a good quality replica.
The apache one is great because it's very accessible and affordable. Really like their cases! Wish they had the pelican self-pressure hole however.

Reactions: MjC54